The outlaws are coming to town! Heck, I better get my brewin' on fast and my sis in law husband Billy aka "Billy Bob" wants to learn how to brew like a pro! How hard is this homebrewing thing Dermott? Can we brew a beer, fix a fort, mow the lawns, pick some apples, cover some trees and mind 5 crazy cousins all on a Saturday arvo while Mrs D and Mrs K hit the shops?" Argh, no Billy Bob, but we can brew a beer, feed some kids, make some lunch and have some fun. Just chill on fixing forts, mowing lawns, covering fruit trees, it can all wait its brewtime!"
Hmmm, what do we have in the freezer that might make a great summer Pilsner? Oh, I know whole cone Riwaka NZ Hops
- one of my all time favourite hops - shame its such a poor grower as it tastes sublime in a pilsner and whole cone hops give that rounded soft subtle flavour we are looking for a bloke who likes to drink mass produced low priced lager. What else do we have here? Oh, yeah! Enigma Whole Cone AU Hops - another one of my all time favourite Pilsner hops featured in an earlier BeerCo recipe - Codebreaker Pilsner.
Righto where is "Billy Bob"? Time to mill some malt man and get our brewing on...
Batch & Boil
- Brewed on: 14-Jan-2017
Batch Size 21.0 L
Boil Time 90 mins
Color 3 SRM
Gladfield Malt Bill
Billy Bob adding a S#$t Tone of Whole Cone Riwaka and Enigma Hops 5 minutes from flameout!
- Infusion Single Step Mash @68 C for body
- Pitched Yeast @14C dropped to 10-12C on temp controller and let it ferment out over 2 weeks at around 11C before racking to a glass carboy for lagering
- Lagered in fridge @2C for further 3 weeks before bottling to take some Billy Bobs across the dutch to nuclear free Moo Zeeland for Billy Bob to enjoy in late February.
- Bottled on: 19-Feb-2017
- Best after: 31-March-2017 but I have to admit its getting knocked over very fast as it tastes sublime :-)