Gladfield Malt Bill
- 3.85 kg Gladfield American Ale Malt (64%)
- 850g Gladfield Red Back Malt (14%)
- 600g Gladfield Rye Malt (10%)
- 400g Gladfield Munich Malt (7%)
- 250g Gladfield Light Crystal Malt (4%)
- 120g Gladfield Sour Grapes (Acidulated) Malt (2%)
- 50g Crosby Nugget 14.7% A/A @60 mins
- 35g Organic Chinook 11.6% A/A @15 mins
- 30g Crosby Mt Hood 4.4% A/A @10 mins
- 45g Crosby Crystal 2.7% A/A @5 mins
- 50g Crosby Nugget 14.7% A/A dry hop after primary fermentation @3g/L into secondary (carboy)
- 2 x 11 g Sachets of Lallemand Danstar BRY-97 American West Coast Ale Yeast
Mash & Boil & Ferment:
- Mash for 60 mins @ 69 degrees Celsius for a beer with body.
- Boil for 90 mins with Hop additions from 60 mins as per the time guidance.
- wYeast nutrient & Brewbite in the kettle @ 10 mins.
- Chilled and started ferment @18C on a rising tide to 20C.
- Racked into secondary glass carboy and dry hopped at rate of 3g/L with 50g of Nugget for 3 days.
Brew Stats: take with many pinches of salt
Actual 1.066 OG
Target 1.007 FG 1.014 @Racking
60 IBU (and some I think)