Author: Dermott Dowling | Beerly Managing Director at BeerCo
Nothing beats brewing on your own time schedule rather than being dictated to by the aging of your pre-cracked grains. Nothing beats the perfect crush - just right in terms of cracking the grain and not tearing it to pieces. No more stuck mashes and no more missing your starting gravity when you dial in the mill to the setting that is just right for you and your grain bill.
Mill like a pro with the Mill Master Grain Mill – the only geared roller mill on the market. Brew when you want to brew with fresh cracked grains using hardened 420 Stainless Steel Fluted Rollers. Mill Master Geared 2 Roller Grain Mill feature cutting edge design with good old fashioned reliability so you can mill your heart out and brew like a pro with consistent crush with a fully adjustable precision mill.
Mill Master Specifications
- 130 mm (5″approx.) precision machined rollers
- 39 mm (1 1/2″) diameter rollers
- 26 flutes per roller
- 420 Hardened Stainless Steel Rollers as Standard high corrosion and wear resistance
- 12.7 mm (1/2″) drive shaft keyed for easy motorization, drill drive or hand crank
- additional 3 flat triangular shank drive shaft designed to fit a 3/8 th drill chuck for improved torque and centering.
- oil-impregnated sintered bronze bushings, carry a higher load, need less maintenance, and dampen vibration better than their rolling-bearing counterparts.
- Strong aluminum frame
- Built in gear guard
- Arrives assembled
- Asymmetrical saw-tooth fluted rollers provide a cutting on cutting crush as used in high end commercial mill rollers
- Flutes are angled to provide additional strength, durability and wear resistance
- Cutting on cutting action reduced excess flour production and reduces husk damage to improving lautering.
- Made from heat treated 420 Stainless Steel for a long service life
Roller Gap Adjustment
- Set gap marks for ease of adjustment and repeat-ability
- 0.0 mm to 1.9 mm infinitely adjustable gap setting for precision control and accuracy
- 304 stainless steel the eccentric adjuster
- Quick Adjustment side locking pins
Gear Driven Rollers
Mill Master grain mills reflect 10 years of design evolution, experience and learning.
- Gear rollers make it possible to do away with course husk ripping and tearing knurls found on other mills.
- Only geared roller mill on the market that is fully adjustable at both ends.
- Synchronized rollers for consistent crush which is sensitive to RPMs and differential roller speeds
- The geared rollers ensure an easy and smooth feed of malt into the grain mill from start to finish.