Condition - Milk Stout - BeerCo Recipe Kit
Not for babies, this sweet stout or milk stout is rich malty and well balanced with the goodness of milk sugar to offset the deepest dark colour and minor roast coffee notes from Eclipse Wheat bitterless black malt. Looking for something to sip fireside with your slippers and smoking jacket on? Looking for something to tuck you into bed at night and make sure you sleep like a baby? Look no further - Condition | Milk Stout will put you in the right frame of mind on a cold winter's night or any night for that matter!
Cheers! #brewhappy #drinkhappier #enjoyresponsibly
Batch & Boil
- Batch Size: 21 Litres
- Boil Time: 60 mins
- OG 1.067
- FG 1.016
- IBU 39
- ABV 6.8%
- Colour 83 EBC
Amt Name Colour % Grist
3.00 Kg Crisp Best Ale Malt (6.5 EBC) 50%
0.80 Kg Crisp Cara Gold Malt (15 EBC) 12%
0.60 Kg Gladfield Eclipse Wheat (16 EBC) 10%
0.60 Kg Crisp Flaked Torrefied Oats (3 EBC) 10%
0.25 Kg Crisp Amber Malt (70 EBC) 4%
0.25 Kg Crisp Brown Malt (135 EBC) 4%
0.25 Kg Crisp Low Colour Chocolate Malt (550 EBC) 4%
5.75 Kg TOTAL 100%
- 350g of Lactose (Milk Sugar)
- 80 gm Willamette US Hop Pellets Alpha: 4.3% – 60 minute boil addition
- 20 gm Willamette US Hop Pellets Alpha: 4.3% – Dry Hop - 3 days from terminal gravity
Dry | Lallemand Danstar
- Lallemand Danstar Nottingham Ale Beer Yeast (Dry) 2 x 11.5 g Sachets
- Mill the grains and dough-in targeting a mash of around 3 Litres of water to 1 Kg of grain (a liquor-to-grist ratio of about 3:1 by weight or around 18 Litres) and a single infusion temperature of 65 °C (149°F).
- Hold the mash at 65 °C (149°F) until enzymatic conversion is complete (45-60 mins).
- Infuse the mash with near boiling water while stirring or with a recirculating mash system raise the temperature to mash out at 76 °C (168 °F). Mash out for 10 minutes.
- Fly Sparge slowly with 12 Litres of 77 °C (170 °F) water, collecting wort until the pre-boil kettle volume is around 25.0 L.
- Add 80gm Willamette US Hop Pellets at start of vigorous 60 minute boil.
- The total boil time will be 60 minutes.
- Optional: add Deltafloc tablet or Irish Moss tablet and Yeast Nutrient with 15 mins of boil remaining.
- Add 350g of Lactose at termination of boil.
- Cool wort and transfer to the primary fermenter oxygenating wort and pitching Liquid GigaYeast or Lallemand Brewing Nottingham Ale yeast at 18° C.
- Allow primary ferment to free ride up to 21-22° C and hold at that temperature.
- Secondary Fermentation - Dry Hop with remaining 20 gm Willamette US Hop Pellets for 72 hours (3 days) before kegging or bottling.
- Bottle or Keg and carbonate your beer to 2.3 levels of CO2.
- Mature for 2-4 weeks and will continue to mature and mallow over 2-4 months.
- Bring up to beer cellar temperature 8-10°C pour slowly into a goblet glass, put on your slippers and smoking jacket, light a fire, kick back and relax and enjoy responsibly, Prost!
- Food compliments - rich dark chocolate puddings, heavy meat dishes e.g. Steak, Hungarian Goulash, Pies and Beef and Lamb Roast.
BeerCo Recipe Kit Contents:
- Malt - 6Kg
- Hops - 100g
- Adjuncts - Lactose 350g
- Yeast - 1 x Liquid Gold Pitches or 2 x Dry Yeast Sachets
Credits & Sauces of Brewspiration:
- Hayden Lockie - Gladfield Malt
- Modus Operandi | Moon Tan Stout
Other top rated products
- Enigma AU HopsEnigma™ AU Hops5.0 star rating(6)
- Ella AU HopsElla™ AU Hops4.0 star rating(4)
- GY094 German Ale GigaYeastGY094 German Ale GigaYeast - NEW!4.0 star rating(1)
- Malteurop Pilsen MaltMalteurop Pilsen Malt5.0 star rating(2)
- Citra® US Hops - Brand HBC 3944.96226 star rating(53)
- Amarillo® VGXP01 CV. US Hops5.0 star rating(13)
- Simcoe® Brand YCR 14 US Hops4.88889 star rating(9)
- Fermentis Safale US-05 Yeast4.85714 star rating(7)
I will definitely use this recipe again and again. Cheers and Beers
I will definitely be doing this one again.
Clear and easy to follow recipe instructions and awesome service to boot🍻