Nothing warms like a nice hot cup of chai, so why not try Anaka | Chai Milk Stout. Anaka is spicy with a warming blend of seven spice chai with a decadent layered malt bill and a dash of lactose. Anaka is as alluring as her origins - the original fabled Spice Islands. Of course this will taste delightful in the depths of winter by the fire or fire pit but its an equally enjoyable cup of chai all year around! Well, what are you waiting for?
Cheers! #brewhappy #drinkhappier #enjoyresponsibly
Brewing Software Recipe Links:
Batch & Boil
- Batch Size: 21 Litres
- Boil Time: 60 mins
- OG 1.065
- FG 1.016
- ABV %
- Colour EBC
Amt Name Colour % Grist
3.00 Kg Crisp Best Ale Malt (6.5 EBC) 52%
0.80 Kg Crisp Cara Gold Malt (15 EBC) 14%
0.60 Kg Crisp Chocolate Malt (1150 EBC) 10%
0.60 Kg UniGrain Kilned Dried Hulled Oats (3 EBC) 10%
0.25 Kg Crisp Amber Malt (70 EBC) 4%
0.25 Kg Crisp Brown Malt (135 EBC) 4%
0.25 Kg Crisp Black Malt (1470 EBC) 4%
5.75 Kg TOTAL 100%
- Mill the grains and dough-in targeting a mash of around 3 Litres of water to 1 Kg of grain (a liquor-to-grist ratio of about 3:1 by weight or around 18 Litres) and a single infusion temperature of 65 °C (149°F).
- Hold the mash at 65 °C (149°F) until enzymatic conversion is complete (45-60 mins).
- Infuse the mash with near boiling water while stirring or with a recirculating mash system raise the temperature to mash out at 76 °C (168 °F). Mash out for 10 minutes.
- Fly Sparge slowly with 12 Litres of 77 °C (170 °F) water, collecting wort until the pre-boil kettle volume is around 25.0 L.
Add 80gm Willamette US Hop Pellets at start of vigorous 60 minute boil.
- The total boil time will be 60 minutes.
- Optional: add Deltafloc tablet or Irish Moss tablet and Yeast Nutrient with 15 mins of boil remaining.
- Add 350g of Lactose at termination of boil.
- Cool wort and transfer to the primary fermenter oxygenating wort and pitching Liquid Omega Yeast or Lallemand Brewing Nottingham Ale yeast at 18° C.
- Allow primary ferment to free ride up to 21-22° C and hold at that temperature.
- Secondary Fermentation - Dry Hop with remaining 20 gm Willamette US Hop Pellets for 72 hours (3 days) before kegging or bottling.
- Bottle or Keg and carbonate your beer to 2.3 levels of CO2.
- Mature for 2-4 weeks and will continue to mature and mallow over 2-4 months.
- Bring up to beer cellar temperature 8-10°C pour slowly into a goblet glass, put on your slippers and smoking jacket, light a fire, kick back and relax and enjoy responsibly, Prost!
- Food compliments - rich dark chocolate puddings, heavy meat dishes e.g. Steak, Hungarian Goulash, Pies and Beef and Lamb Roast. Samores and Candy Cane Brownies.
BeerCo Recipe Kit Contents:
- Malt - 6Kg
- Hops - 100g
- Adjuncts - Lactose 350g and 150g of Seven Spice Chai
- Yeast - 1 x Liquid Gold Pitches or 2 x Dry Yeast Sachets