Circles - IPA - BeerCo All Grain Recipe Kit
Sometimes life can feel like we are going around in Circles. Stay inside your Circles of Control and Influence and outside your Circle of Concern and it will all turn out OK. Like this IPA. Based on an old school classic with classic C hops Amarillo and Simcoe sitting on top of a simple clean balanced Malt Bill. What could go wrong? Nothing, Relax, Don't Worry, Increase your Circle of Influence with this sure to please crowd pleaser - Circle - IPA - Enjoy Responsibly - Cheers!
Circles - IPA
an All Grain American IPA by Dermott Dowling (July 2020)
- Original Gravity: 1.058
- Final Gravity: 1.012
- ABV: 6.1%
- IBU: 62
- Est Colour: 18 EBC
- 21 litre brew length
- 90 minute boil
- Single Infusion Mash - 72% Efficiency
- 4.50 kg Malteurop Pilsen Malt (85%)
- 0.50 Kg Crisp Extra Light Crystal 100 Malt (10%)
- 0.25 Kg Crisp Dextrin Malt (5%)
5.25 kg Total Grist - 100%
Amount Hop Time Use Form AA1. 20g Chinook (US) 90 min Boil Pellet 11.6%
2. 15g Amarillo (US) 30 min Boil Pellet 8.6%
3. 30g Simcoe (US) 10 min Boil Pellet 12.5%
3. 15g Amarillo (US) 10 min Boil Pellet 8.6%
4. 30g Cascade (AU) 0 min Boil Pellet 7.4%
4. 15g Amarillo (US) 0 min Boil Pellet 8.6%
4. 15g Chinook (US) 0 min Boil Pellet 11.6%
4. 15g Simcoe (US) 0 min Boil Pellet 12.5%
5. 15g Amarillo (US) 3 days Dry Hop Pellet 8.6%
5. 15g Cascade (AU) 3 days Dry Hop Pellet 7.4%
5. 15g Chinook (US) 3 days Dry Hop Pellet 11.6%
5. 15g Simcoe (US) 3 days Dry Hop Pellet 12.5%
- Lallemand Nottingham Ale Yeast (Dry) 2 x 11g Sachets or
- GY001 Nor Cal Ale #1 GigaYeast (Liquid) 1 x Gold Pitch
- Mash – the brewer should do normal mash regime, mashing in approx. 14L of water or a 3:1 Liquor to Grist ratio at 67 C for at least 65 mins
- Sparge – once again the brewer should do normal regime at around 76C of approx. 17L to get a pre boil wort volume of approx. 25L (allowing for a 2L / hour boil off)
- Boil – vigorous boil for 90 mins.
- Hops: Add first bittering addition of 20g of Chinook at start of boil 90 mins from end of boil. Add second addition of 15g of Amarillo at 30 mins from end of boil. Add third addition of 30g of Simcoe and 15g of Amarillo at 10 mins from end of boil. Add fourth addition of 30g of Cascade and 15g each of Amarillo, Chinook and Simcoe at 0 mins or flameout!
- Chill to Pitch Yeast & Fermentation – Aerate well and ferment at 18C until FG is reached or terminal gravity is table for two days.
- Yeast off and dry hop after primary for 72 hours with 15g of each hop.
- Crash chill and bottle or keg as normal carbonating to 2.3 volumes of C02.
- Mature for 10-14 days while carbonating.
Circles of Brewspiration:
Other top rated products
- Galaxy AU HopsGalaxy™ AU Hops0 star rating(0)
- Malteurop Pilsen MaltMalteurop Pilsen Malt0 star rating(0)
- Code | Lager | FWKCode - Lager - BeerCo Fresh Wort...0 star rating(0)
- Lallemand Voss Kveik YeastLallemand Brewing Voss Kveik Ale...0 star rating(0)
- Citra® US Hops - Brand HBC 3940 star rating(0)
- Mosaic® HBC 369 US Hops0 star rating(0)
- Amarillo® VGXP01 CV. US Hops0 star rating(0)
- Simcoe® Brand YCR 14 US Hops0 star rating(0)
- Reviews (0)