WARRIOR® BRAND YCR 5 CV. US Hops were developed by Select Botanicals Group, Warrior was selected for its high alpha content, low co-humulone, good storage stability and tolerance to powdery mildew. It is primarily used in brewing for its mild, clean bittering properties and has good pickability of a medium size cone in the field.
- CITRUS, HERBAL
- Specific aromas descriptors are mild, resinous and subtle pine.
- Crop Year: 2020
- Alpha Acid 17.1%
- Alpha Method: EBC 7.5
- Beta Acid 4.4 - 6%
- Co-humulone 25 - 28%
- Total Oil 1 - 2.5 mL/100g
- B-Pinene 0.5 - 0.7% of total oil
- Myrcene 40 - 50% of total oil
- Linalool 0.4 - 0.7% of total oil
- Caryophyllene 11 - 14% of total oil
- Farnesene < 1.0% of total oil
- Humulene 15 - 18% of total oil
- Geraniol 0.4 - 0.8% of total oil
- Storage (% alpha acids remaining after 6 months storage at 20°C): 76%
ACID/OIL RANGE LOW HIGH
- ALPHA ACID 15.5-18% 0 20 (High)
- BETA ACID 4.4-6% 0 15 (Low)
- TOTAL OIL 1-2.5 mL/100g 0 4 (Low)
WARRIOR® YCR 5 hop variety is an alpha hop used for its mild, clean bittering qualities. It is widely used in american pale ales and IPAs. Other style use includes Barley Wine & Stouts.