Viper - XPA - BeerCo Fresh Wort Kit
Viper XPA BeerCo All Grain Recipe Kit is a super light malt body eXtra Pale Ale that is fully hopped with fruit forward tropical hops and fermented out nice and bone dry. Rather like a Viper it slides down easy but be careful as there is enough in this XPA to make you forget her capability to give you a sting if you are not enjoying yourself responsibly.
Two Malts - Crisp Europils and Dextrin Malt and Two Hops - El Dorado® and Equanot™ who will dance off to the tune of GY001 Nor Cal Ale #1 GigaYeast. The simplicity of this beer is its natural brilliance. If you like SMaSH beers (Single Malt and Single Hop) you will love the Viper XPA a TMaTH (Two Malt and Two Hop) harmony and balance in the top of your mouth going south fast - watch her, she has a sting in her tail!
We recommend you ferment this one nice and dry with your choice of West Coast Ale Yeast - we like GY001 Nor Cal Ale #1 GigaYeast.
Viper | XPA can be supercharged a little more with whatever extra fresh aromatic hops you have left lying around for a single or double dry hop or you can let it sing on its own and this is the type of beer that will be a winner with a wide audience of friends and family, male and female. Brew Easy and Enjoy Responsibly Always!
- OG 1.053 FG 1.014 IBU 60 ABV 5.1% Colour 6.9 EBC
Amt Name Colour % Grist
5.0 Kg Crisp Europils 3.5 EBC 95%
0.25 Kg Crisp Dextrin 3.0 EBC 5%
5.25 Kg TOTAL 6.5 EBC 100%
Amt Name Alpha Acids When Time IBU
30 g El Dorado [13.90 %] Boil 15 min Hop 33 IBUs
20 g El Dorado [13.90 %] Boil 5 min Hop 14 IBUs
20 g Ekuanot [14.70 %] Boil 0 min Hop 11 IBUs
50 g El Dorado [13.90 %] Dry Hop 3 Days Hop 0 IBU [Sold separately]
50 g Ekuanot [14.70 %] Dry Hop 3 Days Hop 0 IBU [Sold separately]
We recommend you purchase one of the following fine Yeast below - NB: Yeast SOLD SEPARATELY!
- GY001 Nor Cal Ale #1 GigaYeast (Liquid) 1 x Gold Pitch
- Lallemand BRY-97 American West Coast Beer Yeast 2 x 11g Sachets
Fermentis Safale US-05 Yeast (Dry) 2 x 11.5 g Sachets
- Clean - Rinse - Sanitise your Fermenter!
- Yeast & Fermentation - Pour your Fresh Wort Kit into the fermenter aerating well and bring to pitching temp 18-20 °C.
- Oxygenate your wort and pitch your yeast and start your ferment at 18 °C letting it free rise to 22 °C.
- Over the course of the two-week fermentation, ramp the temperature up to 23°C (73 °F ) to ensure full attenuation.
- On approximately Day 5 of fermentation when attenuation has reached about 80%, add the first dry hop addition of 50 grams of El Dorado .
- Wait 3 days, then remove the first dry hop addition and add the second addition of 50 grams of Ekuanot hops and dry hop for another 3 days.
- When finished, carbonate the beer to approximately 2.5 volumes (5 g/L) of CO2 (or add 125g of table sugar or 180g of Light Dried Malt Extract if bottling) and drink fresh. Prost!
- Bottling or Kegging - Carbonate to 2.5 volumes of CO2.
- Cheers #enjoyresponsibly and in good company
- Yeast and Dry Hops [Optional] SOLD SEPARATELY to Viper | XPA Fresh Wort Kit. Do not forget to add your Yeast (dry or liquid) and optional dry hops before checkout!
For more guidance on How to Brew a Fresh Wort Kit head on over to our YouTube Channel:
Other top rated products
- Enigma AU HopsEnigma™ AU Hops5.0 star rating(5)
- Ella AU HopsElla™ AU Hops4.0 star rating(3)
- GY094 German Ale GigaYeastGY094 German Ale GigaYeast - NEW!4.0 star rating(1)
- Malteurop Pilsen MaltMalteurop Pilsen Malt5.0 star rating(2)
- Galaxy™ AU Hops5.0 star rating(24)
- Citra® US Hops - Brand HBC 3944.95555 star rating(45)
- Mosaic® HBC 369 US Hops4.95652 star rating(23)
- Amarillo® VGXP01 CV. US Hops5.0 star rating(12)
- Reviews (0)