BeerCo - Beta Glucanase - 1L
BeerCo Beta Glucanase - In this product the key enzyme activity is provided by endo-beta-glucanase that hydrolyzes (1,3)- or (1,4)-linkages in beta-D-glucans xylanase that hydrolyzes (1,4)-beta-D-xylosidic linkages in xylans.
Component name: Beta-glucanase (endo-1,3(4)-) Xylanase
Activity: 500 BGU/g 1500 FXU/g
Side activities: The product contains activity of Alpha-amylase
Color: Light brown
Physical form: Liquid
Approximate density (g/ml): 1.21
Color can vary from batch to batch. Color intensity is not an indication of enzyme activity.
Efficient wort separation and beer filtration
To ensure an efficient brew house process and longer beer filtration cycle, viscosity-increasing components and water-binding cell walls must be minimized. The enzymes in malt are not heat-stable and do not possess the capabilities to ensure consistent process conditions.
With BeerCo Beta Glucanase, the viscosity of wort and beer can be further reduced. The results increase brew house efficiency and extract yields, achieve a faster filtration and minimize process fluctuations.
● Consistent and high speed of wort filtration
● Consistently high utilization of beer filtration equipment
● Consistently high brew house capacity
● Possibility to eliminate production variations due to varying quality of raw materials
● High flexibility in choice of mashing temperature profile
● Possibility of using High Gravity Brewing and Very High Gravity Brewing
● Secure minimal investment in brew house and beer filtration capacity
● Higher extract yield
BeerCo Beta Glucanase is a classic multi-active β-glucanase and xylanase preparation for improved wort separation and beer filtration.
Usage and dosage
BeerCo Beta Glucanase products are added to the mash tun during mash-in, starting when around one-third of the grist has been loaded into the mash tun.
BeerCo Beta Glucanase 0.100–0.25 kg/ton of grist, but depends deeply on malt quality, adjunct ration and type of raw material.
Optimum pH and temperature
The optimal working conditions for the BeerCo Beta Glucanase series is 45–70/75°C and a pH of 4.0–6.5.
Enzyme data for wort separation and beer filtration products
BeerCo Beta Glucanase
- Declared enzyme: β-glucanase (endo-1,3(4)-)
- Catalyzes the following reaction: Endo-β-glucanase that hydrolyzes (1,3)- or (1,4)-linkages in β-d-glucans
- Declared activity: 45 BGU/g
- E.C/ I.U.B. no.: 126.96.36.199
- Physical form: Liquid
- Production method: The enzyme product is manufactured via fermentation of microorganisms not present in the final product. The production organisms are not modified using modern biotechnology
- Density: 1.21 g/ml
Safety, handling and storage
Safety, handling and storage guidelines are provided with all products.