Meridian® delivers a mix of tropical, berry, and citrus fruitiness with a hint of spearmint. A “top note” hop, Meridian® is nice in a saison, wit, or farmhouse, it can also be combined with more aggressive hops in IPAs to brighten the overall impression of the beer.
- 250g (SAVE 10% OFF 100g Price)
- 500g (SAVE 15% OFF 100g Price)
- 1 Kg (SAVE 20% OFF 100g Price)
- 5 Kg (SAVE 30% OFF 100g Price)
In 2011, Indie Hops attempted to revive the variety “Columbia”, a full sister to Willamette. Not widely grown, Indie Hops thought this overlooked variety might find favor with craft brewers, so planted a field. The first harvest (2012) brought us hops that clearly were not in the aroma/flavor genre of Columbia, and genetic testing confirmed this. Turns out the plant material we propagated from was of unknown origin and had taken over hills thought to be Columbia. The good news is, this unknown hop carried alluring brewing qualities, yet we knew nothing about it! A “trial” phase was in order. Despite brewer interest, we had to contain the hop while evaluating for disease resistance and consistent character. By 2015 we were convinced of the hop’s stability and began to expand under the trade name Meridian.
Typical Brewing Specification:
- Harvest: 2019
- Lot Identification: 1430
- Alpha Acid 5 - 6.5%
- Beta Acid 7 - 8%
- Cohumulone 50.1%
- Total Oil 1.1 - 1.6mls/100grams
- Myrcene 40 - 64.4%
- Humulene 9 - 17.6%
- Caryophyllene 4 - 8.%
- Farnesene <1%
- Meridian delivers a mix of tropical, berry, and citrus fruitiness with a hint of spearmint. A “top note” hop, nice in a saison, wit, or farmhouse, it can also be combined with more aggressive hops in IPAs to brighten the overall impression of the beer and lend a seductive finish.
Tropical/Fruit, Berry, Citrus
- Tropical fruits
- American-style Ales
- Cream Ale
- Pale Ale
General Trade Perception