Stainless Steel 2 Micron Diffusion Stone with 1/4'' Barb Home brewing for Beer/Water
This diffusion stone works well for adding O2 to your brew or seltzer water. Use the aeration stone for aerating your wort, in conjunction with a small (20 gallon size) aquarium pump.
How do you install this inside of a keg?
A hose barb attaches it to a length of tubing (generally about 2 feet of 1/4" ID thick wall vinyl hose) which is attached to the short down tube under the "in" or "gas side" post or connect it on the CO2 regulator
Unclogging your diffusion stone
If your having a difficulty getting air out of your diffusion stone, it may be clogged possibly even from the oil on your fingers. Boiling the stone will sanitize it, but if you push air/oxygen/CO2 through the stone while boiling it, you will clear out the pores of the stone quickly and effortlessly.
Sanitizing a Diffusion Stone
To properly sanitize your stones, we recommend boiling the stone for 1-3 minutes to help break down anything within it and kill any bacteria that might be present. Running some air through the stone during the last minute of the boil can help drive out any broken-down impurities.
- 1 x 2 micon Diffusion Stone
- 1 x Silicon Tube 20'' (50cm)
- Best not to touch the actual sintered portion of the stone with your hands. The oils on your fingers can clog the small pores in the stone.
- Handle the stone by the barb or any attached tubing, or place it in a bag or some foil to keep a barrier between the stone and your fingers.
- Should the diffusion stone get blocked from handling give a 10s dip in Sodium Percarbonate or Caustic Soda before rinsing with water