Mangrove Jack's Carrageenan - 25g
Mangrove Jack's Carrageenan is a clarifier and is used to clear protein during the boil when mash brewing.
Irish Moss and Eucheuma are two of the many seaweed sources of carrageenans. Follow your beer recipe guidance for use.
Contains: Semi-refined carrageenan (derived from red seaweed Eucheuma).
Further Reading on Carrageenans and Irish Moss:
Irish moss and formulated carrageenans are sometimes used to enhance the effectiveness of fining (clarifying) beer with isinglass. In this situation the carrageenans are known as “auxiliary finings.” Because the carrageenans have a similar electrical charge to that of the yeast cells they assist in creating the yeast-isinglass matrix and facilitate a more effective sedimentation process.
George Philliskirk Craft Beer and Brewing Magazine
Other top rated products
- Enigma AU HopsEnigma™ AU Hops5.0 star rating(5)
- Ella AU HopsElla™ AU Hops4.0 star rating(3)
- GY094 German Ale GigaYeastGY094 German Ale GigaYeast - NEW!4.0 star rating(1)
- Malteurop Pilsen MaltMalteurop Pilsen Malt5.0 star rating(2)
- Galaxy™ AU Hops5.0 star rating(24)
- Citra® US Hops - Brand HBC 3944.95555 star rating(45)
- Mosaic® HBC 369 US Hops4.95652 star rating(23)
- Amarillo® VGXP01 CV. US Hops5.0 star rating(12)
- Reviews (0)