DistilaMax® HT is an active dry yeast for use in many types of beverage alcohol fermentations. It contains a selected strain Saccharomyces cerevisiae distillers’ yeast in a highly concentrated and stable form.
DistilaMax® HT was selected for its resistance to high fermentation temperatures, and also shows good tolerance to high-gravity mash and high alcohol concentrations.
- DistilaMax® HT is an active dry yeast for use in many types of beverage alcohol fermentations and is especially suited for glucose based feedstocks (most grain and starch-based mashes).
- DistilaMax HT is recommended for use in the production of vodka, neutral spirits and light flavoured beverages, due to its low production of higher alcohols, aldehydes and esters.
- DistilaMax HT has been selected especially for its ability to give good fermentation kinetics even under high-stress conditions, including high fermentation temperatures, high-gravity mash and high alcohol concentrations.
- DistilaMax HT ferments well at temperatures up to 37°C and will continue to actively ferment at alcohol concentrations above 16 percent by volume.
- The optimal yeast dosage is variable according to individual distillery production processes.
- Normal dose rate 0.15 - 0.25 grams per litre of wort or beer (dosage: 150 - 250 ppm).
Instructions for Use:
- Rehydrate the yeast in clean water (the water should be 10 times the weight of the yeast and at a temperature of 32°C - 36°C).
- Suspend contents carefully by gently stirring and then wait for 15 - 20 minutes maximum (minimum 10 minutes) before moving onto the next step.
- For rehydration, use a clean container. Do not use demineralized water.
- Add this preparation to the wash. If there is a temperature difference of more than 8°C between the wash to be inoculated and the rehydration solution, add some wash slowly into the rehydration solution to reduce the temperature difference.
- Once the vacuum-sealed bag is open or broken, use yeast promptly.
Storage, Handling and Packaging:
- DistilaMax HT should be stored in a cool and dry area away from heat and direct sunlight for maximum stability.
- Shelf Life: 3 years from date of manufacture if vacuum-seal is not broken.
- 500g Pack Size