DistilaMax® XP has been selected especially for its ability to ferment maltose, maltotriose and other sugars in malted grain feedstock.
DistilaMax XP displays a good temperature tolerance and performs well at temperatures from 20°C up to 35°C.
- Temp Range 25°C – 36°C
- High alcohol tolerance
- Aromatic profile
- DistilaMax® XP is a Saccharomyces cerevisiae var.diastaticus selected especially for its ability to ferment maltose, maltotriose and other sugars in malted barley feedstock.
- DistilaMax XP displays a good temperature tolerance and performs well at temperatures from 20°C up to 35°C.
- DistilaMax XP is recommended for use in the production of whisky, by fermentation of wort made from malted grain.
- DistilaMax XP produces a congener profile that is well-suited to malted barley whisky such as increasing complexity and fruity characters
- The optimal yeast dosage is variable according to individual distillery production processes.
- Normal dose rate 0.50 - 1.0 grams of yeast per litre of wort (dosage: 500 - 1000 ppm)
Instructions for Use:
Lallemand Biofuels & Distilled Spirits recommends the rehydration of DistilaMax XP.
- For rehydration, use a clean container. Do not use demineralized water.
- Rehydrate the yeast in clean water (the water should be 10 times the weight of the yeast and at a temperature of 36°C - 38°C).
- Suspend contents carefully by gently stirring and then wait for 15 - 20 minutes maximum (minimum 10 minutes) before moving onto the next step.
- Add this preparation to the wash. If there is a temperature difference of more than 8°C between the wash to be inoculated and the rehydration solution, add some wash slowly into the rehydration solution to reduce the temperature difference.
- Once the vacuum-sealed bag is open or broken, use yeast promptly.
Storage, Handling and Packaging:
- DistilaMax XP should be stored in a cool and dry area away from heat and direct sunlight for maximum stability.
- Shelf Life: 3 years from date of manufacture if vacuum-seal is not broken.
- 500g Foil