Fresh Jack - IPA - BeerCo Fresh Wort Kit
We all love a hoppy West Coast IPA and there are many great examples out there so when one of our customers asked us to whip up another special BeerCo IPA Recipe Kit that pays 'homage' to some of the world's best brewers of the style we thought we would tip our hat in two directions at once if that is at all possible. We hop you love brewing Fresh Jack as much as we love putting this pack together for you!
First hat tip is to the founders and brewers of Deschutes' for bringing the world Fresh Squeezed IPA and more importantly sharing with humble homebrewers like us and you how to have a crack at brewing your own at home. We did take a lot from their hopping regime, however we did not fully replicate their malt bill opting to tip our hat to someone else we admire for sharing his knowledge of how to brew great beer, so we opted for a malt bill not dissimilar to the one used by Matt Brynildson at Firestone Walker in his Union Jack IPA.
We hop you love Fresh Jack IPA as much as we love brewing the fresh wort kit for you to brew at home :-). Let us know what you think? Give the beer a "review after you brew happy" and make sure you #brewhappy and #drinkresponsibly! cheers...now on with the show!
- 1.066 OG 1.012 FG 69 IBU 15 EBC 7.20% ABV 1.046 Balance
- Mosaic (AU) 60 min Boil Pellet 13.1%
- Citra (US) 5 min Boil Pellet 13.2%
- Mosaic™ (US) 5 min Boil Pellet 13.1%
- 50 g Citra (US) 3 days Dry Hop Pellet 13.7% [SOLD SEPARATELY]
- 45 g Mosaic™ (US) 3 days Dry Hop Pellet 12.5% [SOLD SEPARATELY]
We recommend you purchase one of the following fine Yeast below - NB: Yeast SOLD SEPARATELY!
- GY001 Nor Cal Ale #1 GigaYeast (Liquid) 1 x Gold Pitch
- Lallemand BRY-97 American West Coast Beer Yeast 2 x 11g Sachets
Fermentis Safale US-05 Yeast (Dry) 2 x 11.5 g Sachets
- Clean - Rinse - Sanitise your Fermenter!
- Yeast - Pour your Fresh Wort Kit into the fermenter aerating well and bring to pitching temp 18-22°C. Pitch your Yeast [NB: SOLD SEPARATELY]
- Fermentation – Ferment at 18°C letting the ferment free rise up to 22°C until your within 4 specific gravity or 1 plato of FG
- Dry Hop - Yeast off and dry hop after primary for 72 hours with 2g/L each of Citra and Mosaic [NB: SOLD SEPARATELY]
- Crash chill and bottle or keg as normal.
- Mature for 10 days before carbonating between 2.2 to 3.0 Volume of CO2.
Sauces of Brewspiration:
Based on Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA and Firestone Walker Union Jack IPA and methods outlined by The American Homebrewers Association For a good podcast on how to brew styles and beers like Union Jack IPA tune into the following episode of the Jamil Show - Can You Brew it
NB: SOLD SEPARATELY
- Yeast and Dry Hops sold separately to Fresh Jack | IPA Fresh Wort Kit
For more Guidance on How to Brew a Fresh Wort Kit head on over to our YouTube Channel: