Gladfield Chocolate Rye Malt
Gladfield Chocolate Rye Malt is richly roasted to bring a smooth espresso creaminess to your dark beers with a touch of rye spiciness.
Beautiful in a Porter or Oatmeal Stout where the coffee spice character is particularly well matched with the roasted Rye malt characters.
Gladfield Chocolate Rye Malt adds a further level of complexity to Gladfield Vienna Malt in a Dunkel or even something a little uncommon to a mild or English brown.
- Certificate of Analysis: Chocolate Rye 001
- Colour: 360 EBC
- How does it taste? Richly Roasted, Smooth Espresso.
Typical Uses & Styles:
- Baltic Porter
- English Brown or Mild Ales
- Oatmeal Stout
Usage Rate Guidance:
- Use 1-5% to enhance aroma and flavour characters without imparting bitterness or astringency.
- Please use the malt as fresh as possible and see our suggested recipes below for a simple yet surprisingly complex NZ Dunkel.
- 1Kg Bags
- 25Kg bags
Shelf Life:At least one year when stored properly in dry conditions
Gladfield Munich Dunkel – 25l
- Original Gravity 1.054
- Estimated ABV 5.5%
- Target IBU 28
- Mash at 65°C
- 5.33 Kg Gladfield Munich Malt (90%)
- 0.60 Kg Gladfield Chocolate Rye Malt (10%)
- 60min – 30g NZ Pacifica
- 20min – 20g NZ Pacifica
Other top rated products
- Enigma AU HopsEnigma™ AU Hops5.0 star rating(5)
- Ella AU HopsElla™ AU Hops4.0 star rating(3)
- GY094 German Ale GigaYeastGY094 German Ale GigaYeast - NEW!4.0 star rating(1)
- Malteurop Pilsen MaltMalteurop Pilsen Malt5.0 star rating(2)
- Galaxy™ AU Hops5.0 star rating(24)
- Citra® US Hops - Brand HBC 3944.95555 star rating(45)
- Mosaic® HBC 369 US Hops4.95652 star rating(23)
- Amarillo® VGXP01 CV. US Hops5.0 star rating(12)
I use the Chocolate Rye Malt to make Russian Borodinsky Bread