GY134 Kveik #1 GigaYeast - NEW!
GY134 Kveik #1 GigaYeast is a traditional Norwegian Kveik yeast that can be fermented at 29˚ – 38˚C (85˚F – 100˚F) for fast fermentations and no off flavors.
GigaYeast have found a 15 Plato (1.061 specific gravity) wort attenuates to 74% - 78% in as little as 48 hours at 32˚C / 90˚F.
Subtle notes of citrus fruit make this yeast an excellent choice for clean hop-forward IPAs and Pale Ales with citrus hop additions.
Attenuation Medium Gravity*
- 74% – 78%
Attenuation High Gravity*
- 74% – 78%
- 27˚ – 38˚C (80˚F – 100˚F)
- Norwegian Farmhouse
- Pale Ale
* Attenuation was measured after 8 days with Ale yeast at 21˚C / 70˚F and Lager yeast at 10˚C / 50˚F. Medium Gravity is 14˚ – 16˚Plato. High Gravity is 23˚- 25˚Plato.
† The working temperature range represents the range at which fermentation for a given strain produces a typical attenuation- not necessarily the ideal temperature for your particular beer style. As a rule of thumb, start ale yeast fermentation at 20˚ – 22˚C (68˚F – 72˚F) and then lower or raise temp as desired. Lager Yeast are typically fermented at 7˚ – 14˚C (45˚F – 58˚F). If desired, Lager Yeast can be given a “hot start” at 18˚ – 20˚C (65˚F – 68˚F) and then lowered to the primary temperature after active fermentation begins (10-20 hrs).
GigaYeast laboratory is still gathering data on many of our strains. Information provided here may change some in the future. Please call if you need more info.
GigaYeast laboratory is still gathering data on many of their strains. Information provided here may change some in the future. Please contact us at email@example.com if you need more info. on a particular strain.
Other top rated products
- Enigma AU HopsEnigma™ AU Hops5.0 star rating(6)
- Ella AU HopsElla™ AU Hops4.0 star rating(4)
- GY094 German Ale GigaYeastGY094 German Ale GigaYeast - NEW!4.0 star rating(1)
- Malteurop Pilsen MaltMalteurop Pilsen Malt5.0 star rating(2)
- Citra® US Hops - Brand HBC 3944.96226 star rating(53)
- Amarillo® VGXP01 CV. US Hops5.0 star rating(13)
- Simcoe® Brand YCR 14 US Hops4.88889 star rating(9)
- Fermentis Safale US-05 Yeast4.85714 star rating(7)