GY135 Hornindal Kveik #5 GigaYeast - NEW!
GY135 Hornindal Kveik #5 GigaYeast is a traditional Norwegian Kveik yeast that can be fermented at 29˚ – 38˚C (85˚F – 100˚F) for fast fermentation and no off flavors. Subtle notes of tropical fruit make this yeast an excellent choice for clean hop-forward IPAs and Pale Ales.
- 75% – 79%
- 72% – 75%
- 29˚ – 38˚C (85˚F – 100˚F)
- Medium / High
- Norwegian Farmhouse
- Pale Ale
* Attenuation was measured after 8 days with Ale yeast at 21˚C / 70˚F and Lager yeast at 10˚C / 50˚F. Medium Gravity is 14˚ – 16˚Plato. High Gravity is 23˚- 25˚Plato.
† The working temperature range represents the range at which fermentation for a given strain produces a typical attenuation- not necessarily the ideal temperature for your particular beer style. As a rule of thumb, start ale yeast fermentation at 20˚ – 22˚C (68˚F – 72˚F) and then lower or raise temp as desired. Lager Yeast are typically fermented at 7˚ – 14˚C (45˚F – 58˚F). If desired, Lager Yeast can be given a “hot start” at 18˚ – 20˚C (65˚F – 68˚F) and then lowered to the primary temperature after active fermentation begins (10-20 hrs).
GigaYeast laboratory is still gathering data on many of our strains. Information provided here may change some in the future. Please call if you need more info.
GigaYeast laboratory is still gathering data on many of their strains. Information provided here may change some in the future. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need more info. on a particular strain.
Other top rated products
- Enigma AU HopsEnigma™ AU Hops5.0 star rating(5)
- Ella AU HopsElla™ AU Hops4.0 star rating(3)
- GY094 German Ale GigaYeastGY094 German Ale GigaYeast - NEW!4.0 star rating(1)
- Malteurop Pilsen MaltMalteurop Pilsen Malt5.0 star rating(2)
- Galaxy™ AU Hops5.0 star rating(24)
- Citra® US Hops - Brand HBC 3944.95555 star rating(45)
- Mosaic® HBC 369 US Hops4.95652 star rating(23)
- Amarillo® VGXP01 CV. US Hops5.0 star rating(12)
- Reviews (0)