Formerly known as X06297, Lotus™ started as an experimental variety first crossed in 2006. Lotus™ is a product of years of research and testing using unique molecular marker-assisted technology developed and perfected under our breeding program to ensure only the most viable and agronomically sound varieties get planted.
In Eastern cultures, the lotus flower is known for its vibrancy, representing a symbol of replenishment or rebirth. Fittingly, hops are a perennial plant that experiences a reawakening when the sun coaxes the hibernating bines from their winter slumber. This revitalization sets in motion rapid growth for the rebirth of a new crop that culminates during the annual hop harvest at the end of each summer. In hop farming country, this is a special time when farmers gather to prepare the crops and brewers from across the globe migrate to the area in order to select the hops they will use in the coming year(s). Lotus™ is a name that pays homage to the culmination of this tradition, recognizing the rebirth of life and the celebration of harvest.
- 250g (SAVE 10% OFF 100g Price)
- 500g (SAVE 15% OFF 100g Price)
- 1Kg (SAVE 20% OFF 100g Price)
- 5 Kg (SAVE 30% OFF 100g Price)
- tropical fruits
- 50% Eastern Gold, 25% Apollo, Cascade, USDA 19058
The majority of Lotus’s™ genetic origin stems from Eastern Gold, a Japanese variety dating back to the 1930s followed by a mix of Apollo, Cascade, and a USDA male. The USDA male was bred from an open pollinated seedling of a wild American hop developed at Wye College, England. The cross from the USDA male with Neomexicanus heritage adds an additional layer of complexity and uniqueness to this variety. Lotus™ offers exceptional aromatic characteristics, boasting waves of orange and vanilla followed by notes of candied grape and tropical fruit aromas.
Typical Beer Styles
- Crop: 2020 Alpha: 15.7% Batch: 14751 Lot: 20P0148S ON SPECIAL PRICE!
- Crop: 2021 Alpha: 16.1% Batch: 1500 Lot: 21P0484
||13.0 - 17.0
||5.5 - 6.0
|Co-Humulone % rel.
||33 - 39
|Xanthohumol (EBC 7.7)
||0.8 - 1.0
|Total Oils (ml/100g)
||1.5 - 2.5
||0.35 - 0.40
|Linalool % of total Oil
||0.2 - 0.4
||0.01 - 0.02
General Trade Perception
Craft Beer Examples
- Surly – 60 Below Rye IPA
- Lewis & Clark – Dry Hopped Yellowstone Golden Ale
- Dogfish Head – Single Hop 06297
- Solemn Oath – White Van Belgian Wit
- Stone – Stone Delicious IPA Cask
- Sycamore Brewing (NC) – Rainbow Dust