Novozymes - AMG 300 L BrewQ - Glucoamylase
Novozymes AMG® 300 L BrewQ - In this product the key enzyme activity is provided by
glucoamylase that hydrolyzes (1,4)- and (1,6)-alpha-D-glucosidic linkages at the non-reducing ends of polysaccharides.
Component name: Glucoamylase (glucan 1,4-alpha-glucosidase)
Activity: 260 AGU/g
Color: Light to dark brown
Physical form: Liquid
Properties: Product may be hazy and contain slight precipitate; this does not affect enzyme activity or performance
Approximate density (g/ml): 1.17
Color can vary from batch to batch. Color intensity is not an indication of enzyme activity.
Brewing Application sheet
Attenuation control and light beer production
Novozymes offers a broad range of attenuation control products to allow brewers to manage fluctuations in attenuation and create highly attenuated beers in a simple, cost-effective manner.
● Customized solutions to reach specific attenuation targets and needs
● Manage consumer trends towards low-calorie and light beers
● Opportunity to reach desired maltose to glucose ratios
● Obtain the desired level of fermentable sugars every time
AMG® 300 L BrewQ is a classic glucoamylase for producing highly fermentable glucose-based worts.
The Novozymes range of attenuation enzymes help to break down amylose and amylopectin.
The desired attenuation solution is a choice for the brewery to make. This application sheet focuses on the performance of Attenuzyme® Pro and Attenuzyme® Core, which are the recommended solutions for highly attenuated beer.
Rates of production of fermentable sugars are dose- and time-dependent.
As a rule of thumb, the RDF (real degree of fermentation) correlates with the amount of fermentable sugars * 0.91.
As shown in figure 2, Attenuzyme® Pro is faster at degrading dextrins into fermentable sugars when compared to Attenuzyme® Core due to additional pullulanase activity in Attenuzyme® Pro. The pullulanase works in synergy with malt β-amylase, generating a higher maltose content than Attenuzyme® Core and shortening saccharification times.
More information can be found in the “Brewing Handbook”.
AMG® 300 L BrewQ
- Description: A classic glucoamylase (amyloglucosidase), used for production of highly fermentable, glucose-based worts
- Declared enzyme: Glucoamylase (glucan 1,4-alpha-glucosidase) Catalyzes the following reactions: Hydrolyzes (1,4)- and (1,6)-alpha-D-glucosidic linkages at the non-reducing ends of polysaccharides to produce glucose
- Declared activity: 300 AGU/ml
- E.C./I.U.B.no.: 220.127.116.11
- Physical form: Liquid
- Production method: The enzyme product is manufactured via fermentation of a microorganism not present in the final product. The production organism is not modified using modern biotechnology Density 1.17 g/ml
Please see the AMG® 300 L BrewQ - Product Data Sheet
Safety, handling and storage
Safety, handling and storage guidelines are provided with all products.