PBW™ is a buffered alkaline detergent that has been proven to be more than an effective substitute for caustic soda cleaners. Because of its unique formulation of buffers and mild alkalis, it is safe on skin as well as soft metals such as stainless steel, aluminum, and on plastics. PBW™ uses active oxygen to penetrate carbon or protein soils and is not affected by hard water. The oxygen also helps in reducing B.O.D. and C.O.D. in wastewater, which is an added environmental benefit. PBW™ has been formulated as a C.I.P. cleaner and is very effective in removing protein soils found on brew kettles, fermenters, conditioning tanks, filters and all packaging areas. The concentrations to remove these soils are typically in the 1% range. However, due to soil and water conditions this concentration will vary. To help in hard water areas PBW™ has been formulated with enough chelators to tolerate hard water over 17 grains. PBW™ is an excellent choice as a soak cleaner because it does not require excessive heat as do most caustic based cleaners. This product has cleaned brass and copper filters, and industrial aluminum surfaces successfully.
- Replaces Caustic Soda cleaners
- Effective at All Temperatures
- Free Rinsing
- Safe on Polycarbonate surfaces
- Safe to handle
- Generates 4 - 5% Oxygen
- Non-hazardous & Non-corrosive
- Excellent hard water tolerance
- Removes protein soil and staining, baked on carbon, and fatty acids
GENERAL USE DIRECTIONS
- Use 1 to 3 ounces per gallon (28g - 85g per 4L) depending on soil load. Heat to 130° to 180° F (54° to 82° C) for 30 minutes.
- Use 6 to 8 ounces per gallon (170 - 227g per 4L) of water. Heat to 140 ° F / 60° C for 4 hours or allow to soak cold overnight. When using P.B.W. in food processing areas the equipment that has been cleaned must be rinsed with potable water. Just prior to use, sanitize the equipment in accordance with public health standards.
- Can be harmful if swallowed. Can cause eye irritation. Contains sodium metasilicate and sodium carbonate.
For contact with skin and eyes, flush thoroughly with cool running water. For eyes, flush for at least 15 minutes and get medical attention. If swallowed, do not induce vomiting. Drink large amounts of milk or water. Call a physician. PBW PRODUCT TECH SHEET