Resilience - Beer - BeerCo All Grain Recipe Kit
Resilience Beer is a project that arose in the wake of unprecedented bushfires in Australia during late 2019 and early 2020. It came from a desire in the local beer industry to find ways to support those impacted by and fighting the fires both now and in the future. Proceeds from the sale of Resilience - Beer - BeerCo All Grain Recipe Kit will be donated to the World Wildlife Fund - Australia Bushfire Emergency Appeal.
Resilience - Beer - BeerCo All Grain Recipe Kit is designed to be a clean, approachable full flavour Australian beer that is pleasantly hoppy and interesting without being intimidating.
Batch & Boil
- Batch Size: 21 Litres
- Boil Time: 90 mins
- OG 1.046
- FG 1.008
- IBU 37
- ABV 5.0%
- Colour 7 EBC
- Balance – 0.803 IBU/SG Bitterness Ratio
- Brewhouse Efficiency - 72%
Malteurop Pilsen Malt
Crisp Vienna Malt
|Crisp Wheat Malt||6%||0.25|
||First Wort||First Wort
||Dry Hop||3 days||0|
||16.2%||50||Dry Hop||3 days||0|
- GY001 Nor Cal Ale #1 GigaYeast (1 x Gold Pitch)
Fermentis US-05 Safale (Dry) 2 x 11.5g Sachets
Optional - not included in Kit
- Fill clean Kettle with 13 litres of water and pre-boil your water to precipitate out chlorides and chloramines. Add Mash Salts – 10g or 2 tsp of Calcium Sulphate (Gypsum) and 5g or 1 tsp of Calcium Carbonate
- Mill the grains and dough-in targeting a mash of around 3 Litres of water to 1 Kg of grain (a liquor-to-grist ratio of about 3:1 by weight) and a mash temperature of 67 °C (152 °F).
- Hold the mash at 67 °C (152 °F) until enzymatic conversion is complete for around 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Infuse the mash with near boiling water while stirring or with a recirculating mash system raise the temperature to mash out at 76 °C (168 °F). Mash out for 10 minutes.
- Make 1st Wort Hop Addition of 10g of Cascade Hops.
- Fly sparge slowly with 15 Litres of 76 °C (168 °F ) water, collecting wort until the pre-boil kettle volume is around 25 L (6.5 gallons).
- The total boil time will be 90 minutes. Bring to a rapid rolling boil and make first addition of 10g of Cascade at start of boil.
- Deltafloc or Irish Moss is added with any yeast nutrients at 15 mins remaining on the boil and third addition of 10g of Cascade Hops.
- At flame-out, cool wort to 80°C and steep/whirlpool for 20 minutes with a 50g addition of Ella Hops.
- After 20 minutes hop steep/whirlpool cool further to 18-20°C, decant starter or open Gold Pitch and pitch liquid GigaYeast or 2 x sachets of dry yeast into pre oxygenated wort.
- Over the course of the two-week fermentation, ramp the temperature slowly up to 22°C (72 °F ) to ensure full attenuation.
- On approximately Day 5-7 of fermentation when primary fermentation appears to be complete and secondary fermentation is appearing hit with your dry hop of 25g of Cascade and 50g of Ella for 72 hours (3 days).
- After dry hop of 3 days, Cold crash, rack off into keg or bottling bucket for immediate carbonation or priming.
- Carbonate this beer to 2.5 volumes of CO2 and serve it #freshas. cheers!
Other top rated products
- Enigma AU HopsEnigma™ AU Hops5.0 star rating(5)
- Ella AU HopsElla™ AU Hops4.0 star rating(3)
- GY094 German Ale GigaYeastGY094 German Ale GigaYeast - NEW!4.0 star rating(1)
- Malteurop Pilsen MaltMalteurop Pilsen Malt5.0 star rating(2)
- Galaxy™ AU Hops5.0 star rating(24)
- Citra® US Hops - Brand HBC 3944.95555 star rating(45)
- Mosaic® HBC 369 US Hops4.95652 star rating(23)
- Amarillo® VGXP01 CV. US Hops5.0 star rating(12)
- Reviews (0)