Fermentis Safcider Yeast is selected in the champagne region of France. This fructophilic strain is perfectly suited for all cider type productions even under difficult fermentation conditions.
- Available in 6 gram sachets
- Yeast (Saccharomyces bayanus*), emulsifier : sorbitan monostearate (E491)
- For all types of ciders even under difficult fermentation conditions
- Excellent settlement strength
- Broad fermentation temperature spectrum: 10-30°C
- Works at low pH: from 3.3
- Low nitrogen requirements: from 150 ppm of Yeast Available Nitrogen
- Very good assimilation of fructose
- Yield sugar/ alcohol: 16.3 g/L for 1% alc./vol.
- Maximum SO2 level : 70mg/L
- Turbidity level: minimum 50 NTU
- 5g into 20-30 Litres (1 sachet)
- 20 to 30 g/hl for first fermentation, at least 1 day after SO2 addition
- 30 to 40 g/hl for prise de mousse
- Rehydrate the desired quantity of yeasts in 10 times its weight of water at 35-38°C.
- Stir avoiding the formation of lumps and leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- Progressively add must from the tank (2 or 3 additions) so that the temperature difference between the yeast starter and the initial must does not exceed 10°C. This stage allows the yeast to become acclimatized and avoids a thermal shock. Example: If must that needs to be pitched is 14°C, the yeast starter temperature should not be more than 24°C prior to inoculation.
- Stir and leave to rest for ~8-10 minutes after each must additions.
- Incorporate the yeast starter in the fermentation tank during a pumping over with aeration.
- The rehydration procedure should not exceed 45 minutes.
- 3 years from production date