Waimea™ is a big NZ alpha hop that carries an even bigger weight of oils with lots of pine and citrus characters (16-19 % AA).
- 250g (SAVE 10% OFF 100g Price)
- 500g (SAVE 15% OFF 100g Price)
- 1Kg (SAVE 20% OFF 100g Price)
- 5Kg (SAVE 30% OFF 100g Price)
Released in 2012 by The New Zealand Institute for Plant & Food Research Limited, Waimea™ Brand is a triploid cultivar that traces its parentage back to ‘Californian Late Cluster’, ‘Saazer’ and ‘Fuggle’.
Fresh tangelo citrus fruit, and pine needle are at first evident during selections, while an outstanding oils profile, high alpha, low cohumlone and excellent agronomic performance make Waimea™ an exciting new world hop.
Well suited to dual purpose applications throughout from early kettle additions right through to dry hopping. Quality bitterness and aroma abound with fruity citrus and pine characters from this hops big weight of oil. A big hop for big beers.
A new world flavour hop selected for its genuine dual purpose capability in delivery of quality bitterness with unique fresh citrus aroma notes. Can be used across a wide array of styles in a variety of brewhouse and dry hopping applications.
HPLC & Oil Composition (Measured within 6 months of harvest, stored at 0C)
- CROP YEAR: 2019 Batch: 9324-01 Alpha: 14.1%
Crop Year: 2020 15.5% Alpha Batch: 20207-2
- Alpha Acids 16-19%
- Beta Acids 7-9%
- Cohumulone 22-24% of Alpha Acids
- Total Oil 2.1 ml oil per 100gm cone weight
- Concentration 126 uL Oil/gram Alpha
- Myrcene 60%
- Humulene 9.5%
- Caryophyllene 2.6%
- Farnesene 5%
- Citrus-Piney Fraction 6.2%
- Floral Estery Fraction 2.1%
- H/C Ratio 3.7
- Other 0%
Craft Beer Examples