Inner Sydney Brewers - Saison
Dermott from BeerCo.com.au will be joining us to talk about some exciting NEW! products and to take us through the tasting of three different Saisons brewed by three different ISB brewers.
BeerCo has sent our brewers the following ingredients to brew for the night:
- 3.50 Kg Malteurop Pilsen Malt
- 1.00 Kg Crisp Light Munich Malt
- 0.50 Kg Crisp Wheat Malt
3 different ones for 3 different Saisons
- Hallertauer Mittelfrüher GR Hops
- Bouclier FR Hops - NEW!
- Ella AU Hops for some new world floral and spice character
- GY018 Saison #1 GigaYeast to pair with the Bouclier FR Hops
- GY027 Saison #2 GigaYeast to pair with the Hallertauer Mittelfrüher GR Hops
- Lallemand Belle Saison Dry Yeast to pair with the Ella AU Hops
Some interesting combos there - can't wait for the tasting session!
Don't forget the cost for the night with pizza is $20 pp and $5 for those not getting pizza.
* What are you bringing? *
If you'd like to share your beer with the entire group please bring it along. If you'd like some feedback on your beer or just think you've brewed an outstanding beer you'd like to share with everyone, this will be a good time to do it, it will be informal so don't be frightened. It is advised to bring at least 2L so everyone can get a sample but this is not a hard rule!
* Venue *
Please ask to join https://www.facebook.com/
* Time *
Feel free to arrive any time from 6:00pm. We finish at 9pm, and ask everyone to be considerate and ready. There are plenty of good bars nearby to kick on at.
If you'd like to partake in some pizza, we order in, please have cash and be prepared to chip in ~$20 and $5 for those not getting pizza.
* Beer *
You're welcome to bring as much or as little beer as you like. If you don't have anything ready, come along anyway and meet some fellow brewers. If you are bringing beer that you want to share with everyone and talk about it, it is advised to bring at least 2L as we have on average 25 members show up. The other option is to share at your table, where you don't need as much.
* Helping Out *
The venue needs to be set up and cleaned up before we all go home - please jump in and help as needed.
* Agenda *
This is a guide only, and only to help move things along. There will of course be plenty of beer tasting.
- 6:00 pm - Arrivals and quick introduction. We will also organise pizza.
- 6.30 pm - Beer share
- 7:00 pm - Announcements (MattW)
- 7.30 pm - Dermott from BeerCo Presentation
- 8.00 pm - Pizza and beer sharing
- 9:00 pm - End of the evening. Welcome to kick on elsewhere.
For more information on Inner Sydney Brewers Club - when and where and how often they meet and to talk to their great members head on over to their Facebook Group