Angel AM-1 is an active dry yeast specially for producing Scottish style whiskies. Angel AM-1 active dry yeast has fast fermentation speed, strong maltotriose assimilation ability, high wort utilization rate, soft taste and good ester aroma. It is especially suitable for fermentation of single malt whisky.
- Moisture: ≤7%
- Living yeast cell: ≥10 billion cfu/g
- Wild yeast: ≤1000 cfu/g
- Total number of colonies: ≤ 5000 cfu/g
- Lactobacillus: ≤1000 cfu/g
- Pathogenic microorganisms: not detectable
- Fermentation temperature: 22~32℃
- Alcohol tolerance: 15°% (v/v)
- Apparent fermentation: >90%
Directions for Use:
Rehydrate the yeast in 5-10 times its volume of lukewarm water or low-concentration wort (mix with 1/3 fermented wort and 2/3 water) at 22～30℃, and leave to rest for 7～15 minutes, gently stir and then leave it for 10～15 minutes to pitch into fermentor.
Storage condition and shelf life:
AM-1 should be stored in low temperature and dry place away from temperature above 25°C or humidity, and in such conditions, the product is stable for 24 months. Opened packages can be sealed and used within 7 days. Production to Expiry Date is 2 years.