Ginger (Zingiber officinale Roscoe) is a flowering plant in the family Zingiberaceae whose rhizome, ginger root or simply ginger, is widely used as a spice or a medicine.
Ginger is gluten free and is widely used to add flavour in a variety of manufactured food products - including confectionery, baking, desserts, ice cream, yoghurt, cheese,
jams, prepared meals, simmer sauces, snacking and beverages.
Ginger has a distinct flavour sweet and slightly peppery with a spicy aroma. A great addition to add a little extra flavour to your spiced rum.
Uniqueness of ginger comes from its special compound: gingerol. Ginger contains several compounds among which a mixture of zingerone, shogaols, gingerols and volatile oils are responsible for its characteristic odor and flavor.
Freshly picked, ginger is hot, pungent with an almost spicy intensely aromatic taste reminiscent of both cardamom and chili pepper. Dried it becomes more aromatic and slightly less piquant. In gins, it lends it’s specific bright, cooling, and slightly peppery flavor. That spicy-sweet aroma translates well through distilling and often has a quality reminiscent of Asian cuisine.
- 1 Kg (SAVE 20% OFF 100g Price)
- 5 Kg (SAVE 31% OFF 100g Price)
- 20 Kg (SAVE 41% OFF 100g Price)
- Dried pieces, typical beige-brown in colour
- Typical strong ginger aroma, free from off odours
- Slices of 2 – 6mm thickness of random sizes
- This product is meant to be cooked or used for extraction purposes only. It is not intended to be consumed raw.
Product analysis - Chemical characteristics
- Moisture specification 8-10%
Country of Origin:
Storage Conditions and Shelf Life
Recommended storage conditions:
- Cool & dry, away from heat sources, including sunlight, and contaminating odours
- Temp: Below 25C (77F)
- Recommended freight conditions: DRY
- Shelf Life: 1095 days from date of manufacture (unopened)
Special Interest Groups:
- Kosher certified YES
- HALAL certified YES
- Certified Organic NO
- Suitable for Coeliacs YES
- Suitable for Vegetarians YES
- Suitable for Vegans YES
Finished Product Specification