DistilaMax® LS active dry yeast is a selected strain of Saccharomyces cerevisiae bayanus isolated from Champagne selected for use in the production of Tequila, Mezcal and fruit brandies.
DistilaMax® LS selected especially for its strong competitive character and its fructophilic ability, works well in a wide pH range (3.2 – 5.2). It displays a good temperature tolerance (18°C – 33°C) which makes this strain a reference for the production of fruit brandies.
During the alcoholic fermentation, DistilaMax LS produces a low level of foam and does not produce a lot of acetic acid.
- Temp. range 20°C – 33°C
- Stress tolerant
- pH range 3.5 – 5.2
- Fruit Brandies
- The optimal yeast dosage is variable according to individual distillery production processes.
- Normal dose rate 0.25 - 0.40 grams per litre of wash (dosage: 25 - 40 g/hL or 2.5-3.5 lb/1000 US Gal).
Instructions for Use:
- Rehydrate the yeast in clean water (the water should be 10 times the weight of the yeast and at a temperature of 35°C - 40°C).
- Suspend contents carefully by gently stirring and then wait for 10 - 15 minutes maximum (minimum 10 minutes) before moving onto the next step.
- For rehydration, use a clean container. Do not use demineralized water.
- Add this preparation to the wash. If there is a temperature difference of more than 8°C between the wash to be inoculated and the rehydration solution, add some wash slowly into the rehydration solution to reduce the temperature difference.
- Once the vacuum-sealed bag is open or broken, use yeast promptly.
Storage, Handling and Packaging:
- DistilaMax LS should be stored in a cool and dry area away from heat and direct sunlight for maximum stability.
- Shelf Life: 3 years from date of manufacture if vacuum-seal is not broken.
- 500g Pack Size