DistilaMax NT is recommended for use in the production of whisky, by fermentation of wort made from malted barley or grain feedstock.
DistilaMax NT produces a congener profile that is well- suited to malted barley whisky such as increasing complexity and fruity characters even at high temperatures.
- Grain whisky
- DistilaMax® NT has been selected especially for its ability to ferment maltose, maltotriose and other sugars of malted barley and grain feedstock.
- DistilaMax NT displays a good alcohol tolerance and performs very well up to 12% v/v.
- DistilaMax NT is recommended for use in the production of whisky, by fermentation of wort made from malted barley or gain feedstock.
- DistilaMax NT produces a congener profile that is well- suited to malted barley whisky such as increased complexity and fruity characters even at high temperatures.
- The optimal yeast dosage is variable according to individual distillery production processes.
- Fermentation of malted barley for whisky production: 0.50 - 1.0 grams per litre of wort (dosage: 500 - 1000 ppm)
Instructions for Use:
- For rehydration, use a clean container. Do not use demineralized water.
- Rehydrate the yeast in clean water (the water should be 10 times the weight of the yeast and at a temperature of 32°C - 36°C).
- Suspend contents carefully by gently stirring and then wait for 15 - 20 minutes maximum (minimum 10 minutes) before moving onto the next step.
- Add this preparation to the wash. If there is a temperature difference of more than 8°C between the wash to be inoculated and the rehydration solution, add some wash slowly into the rehydration solution to reduce the temperature difference.
- Once the vacuum-sealed bag is open or broken, use yeast promptly.
Storage, Handling and Packaging:
- DistilaMax® NT should be stored in a dry area away from extreme temperature variations and moisture for maximum stability.
- When stored under these conditions, the product is stable for 36 months from the date of manufacture.
- 500g Foil