DistilaMax® RM active dry yeast is a strain of Saccharomyces cerevisiae that was selected for use in the production of rum and other cane-based spirits. Isolated in a tropical region from cane molasses, this strain demonstrates high temperature tolerance and provides a desirable congener profile for the production of rum, aguardiente and rhum agricole.
Yeast selected in the Caribbean Isles for use in the production of rum from cane juice and other cane juice-based spirits
Product features focus:
- Temp Range 26°C – 36°C
- Selected on cane juice
- Complex and intense
DistilaMax® RM has been selected by INRA (Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, France) in partnership with Lallemand.
DistilaMax RM is a yeast isolated in a tropical region and demonstrates good tolerance to high fermentation temperatures.
DistilaMax RM has been selected especially for the production of Rhum Agricole and is recommended for use in the production of cane juice-based spirits, providing an excellent congener profile, aromatic complexity and quality of fermentation.
- DistilaMax RM is a yeast isolated in a tropical region and demonstrates good tolerance to high fermentation temperatures and a wide pH range (3.3 – 5.3).
- The recommended fermentation temperature for DistilaMax RM is 25°C - 35°C.
- DistilaMax RM has been selected especially for the production of rhum agricole and is recommended for use in the production of cane juice-based spirits, providing an excellent congener profile, aromatic complexity and quality of fermentation.
- DistilaMax RM fermentations consistently meet the minimum specifications for the production of rhum agricole with the production of volatiles substances over 2250 ppm.
- The optimal yeast dosage is variable according to individual distillery production processes.
- Yeast selected in the Caribbean Isles for use in the production of Rum from cane juice and other cane juice-based spirits
- Direct pitching: 0.40 - 0.60 grams per litre of wash or juice (dosage: 400 - 600 ppm).
- Preparation of a levain (pied de cuve): 3.0 - 4.0 grams per litre of wash or juice (dosage: 3000 - 4000 ppm).
Instructions for Use:
Lallemand Biofuels & Distilled Spirits recommends the rehydration of DistilaMax RM.
- For rehydration, use a clean container. Do not use demineralized water.
- Rehydrate the yeast in clean water (the water should be 10 time the weight of the yeast and at a temperature of 32°C - 36°C).
- Suspend contents carefully by gently stirring and then wait for 15 - 20 minutes maximum (minimum 10 minutes) before moving onto the next step.
- Add this preparation to the wash. If there is a temperature difference of more than 8°C between the wash to be inoculated and the rehydration solution, add some wash slowly into the rehydration solution to reduce the temperature difference.
- Once the vacuum-sealed bag is open or broken, use yeast promptly.
Storage, Handling and Packaging:
- DistilaMax® RM should be stored in a cool and dry area away from heat and direct sunlight for maximum stability.
- Shelf Life: 3 years from date of manufacture if vacuum-seal is not broken.
- 500g Foil
DISTILAMAX® RM Technical Data Sheet
DISTILAMAX® RM Safety Data Sheet