Lallemand Craft Distilling DistilaMax TQ Yeast is dedicated for Tequila and Mezcal production and fruit fermentation.
DistilaMax TQ has been selected especially for its ability to ferment glucose and fructsose in high-stress conditions.
DistilaMax TQ has the killer factor K2, enabling DistilaMax TQ to outcompete wild yeast in the fermentation.
DistilaMax displays good temperature tolerance and a short lag phase which limits the development of wild microorganisms.
- Temperature Range: 20°C – 33°C
- pH range: 3.5 – 5.2
- Fruit Brandies
• At low-temperature fermentation with the right nutrition, DistilaMax TQ produces fruity and floral aromatic profiles, which are well-suited for the production of brandy.
• At higher temperatures, DistilaMax TQ displays aromatic profiles which are well-suited for tequila such as increasing complexity and fruity characters.
- The optimal yeast dosage is variable according to individual distillery production processes.
- Normal dose rate 0.15 - 0.30 grams per litre of wash or juice (dosage: 150 - 300 ppm).
Instructions for Use:
- For rehydration, use a clean container. Do not use demineralized water.
- Rehydrate the yeast in clean water (the water should be 10 times the weight of the yeast and at a temperature of 32°C - 36°C).
- Suspend contents carefully by gently stirring and then wait for 15 - 20 minutes maximum (minimum 10 minutes) before moving onto the next step.
- Add this preparation to the wash. If there is a temperature difference of more than 8°C between the wash to be inoculated and the rehydration solution, add some wash slowly into the rehydration solution to reduce the temperature difference.
- Once the vacuum-sealed bag is open or broken, use yeast promptly.
Storage, Handling and Packaging:
- DistilaMax TQ should be stored in a cool and dry area away from heat and direct sunlight for maximum stability.
- Shelf Life: 3 years from date of manufacture if vacuum-seal is not broken.
- Pack Size: 500g
DistilaMax® TQ Technical Data Sheet
DistilaMax® TQ Safety Data Sheet