Lallemand Craft Distilling - DistilaMax TQ is dedicated for Tequila and Mezcal production and fruit fermentation.
DistilaMax TQ has been selected especially for its ability to ferment glucose and fructsose in high-stress conditions.
DistilaMax TQ has the killer factor K2, enabling DistilaMax TQ to outcompete wild yeast in the fermentation.
DistilaMax displays good temperature tolerance and a short lag phase which limits the development of wild microorganisms.
- Temperature Range: 20°C – 33°C
- pH range: 3.5 – 5.2
- Fruit Brandies
• At low-temperature fermentation with the right nutrition, DistilaMax TQ produces fruity and floral aromatic profiles, which are well-suited for the production of brandy.
• At higher temperatures, DistilaMax TQ displays aromatic profiles which are well-suited for tequila such as increasing complexity and fruity characters.
- The optimal yeast dosage is variable according to individual distillery production processes.
- Normal dose rate 0.15 - 0.30 grams per litre of wash or juice (dosage: 150 - 300 ppm).
Instructions for Use:
- For rehydration, use a clean container. Do not use demineralized water.
- Rehydrate the yeast in clean water (the water should be 10 times the weight of the yeast and at a temperature of 32°C - 36°C).
- Suspend contents carefully by gently stirring and then wait for 15 - 20 minutes maximum (minimum 10 minutes) before moving onto the next step.
- Add this preparation to the wash. If there is a temperature difference of more than 8°C between the wash to be inoculated and the rehydration solution, add some wash slowly into the rehydration solution to reduce the temperature difference.
- Once the vacuum-sealed bag is open or broken, use yeast promptly.
Storage, Handling and Packaging:
- DistilaMax TQ should be stored in a cool and dry area away from heat and direct sunlight for maximum stability.
- Shelf Life: 3 years from date of manufacture if vacuum-seal is not broken.
- Pack Size: 500g
DistilaMax® TQ Technical Data Sheet
DistilaMax® TQ Safety Data Sheet