Eclipse® was first developed by Hop Products Australia hop breeding program in 2004, but its ancestry can be traced as far back as 1915. The subsequent generations of cross pollination featured varieties such as Fuggle, Brewer’s Gold, Comet and Pride of Ringwood in the Australian environment.
Eclipse® is a new, big-hitting flavour hop bursting with sweet mandarin, citrus peel and fresh pine needles.
Brewer Tips for Usage:
Since it sits firmly in the fruit quadrant of the HPA Hop Flavour Spectrum, Eclipse® is well suited to fruit-forward beer styles.
Eclipse® can be used in large doses to make a high impact hazy NEIPA, or pared back to make lighter well-balanced styles.
- 100 g
- 250 g (SAVE 10% on 100g Price)
- 500 g (SAVE 15% on 100g Price)
- 1 Kg (SAVE 20% on 100g Price)
- 5 Kg (SAVE 30% on 100g Price)
HPA-016™ was cultivated in Victoria. It is derived from genotypes of Australian and North American origin.
- Sweet Mandarin
- Zesty Citrus Peel
- Fresh Pine Needles
- Harvest Year: 2022 Batch: TX120 Alpha: 17.5% Moisture: 7.4% Oil Content: 2.8ml/100g ON SPECIAL PRICE!
- Harvest: 2023 Batch TY 106 Alpha: 18.4% Oil Content: 2.7ml/100g
Typical Analytical Data:
- Alpha Acids (%) 15.7 -16.7
- Beta Acids (%) 5.0 - 9.0
- Alpha/Beta Ratio 1.8 - 2.7
- Cohumulone (% of alpha acids) 33.0 - 37.0
- Total Oils (ml/100g) 1.7 -1.9
- Oil Concentration (µL/g alpha) 108.0 - 119.0
- Myrcene (% of whole oil) 42.0
- Linalool (% of whole oil) 0.6
- Caryophyllene (% of whole oil) 11.1
- Farnesene (% of whole oil) 0.2
- Humulene (% of whole oil) 1.4
- Selinene (% of whole oil) 17.9
- Humulene/Caryophyllene Ratio 0.1
BeerCo All Grain Recipe Kits featuring Eclipse®:
Craft Beer Examples featuring Eclipse®: