Erythritol is an alternative sweetener derived from corn starch. Erythritol is about 70% of the sweetness of sugar and contains 1 calorie per gram and zero carbohydrate. Often used with Stevia or Monkfruit.
- Erythritol is a type of carbohydrate called a sugar alcohol, or polyol.
- Erythritol is unique from other sugar alcohols because it contains zero calories.
- Erythritol occurs naturally in a variety of fruits, vegetables, and fermented foods and beverages. It is also commercially produced through fermentation. Our bodies also produce smaller amounts of erythritol during glucose metabolism.
- Erythritol does not impact blood glucose or insulin secretion and contributes to oral health.
- Erythritol’s safety has been confirmed by numerous health authorities around the world, including the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and World Health Organization. Erythritol is approved for use in more than 60 countries.
Erythritol (pronounced Ear-rith-ri-tall) is a sugar alcohol, or polyol, naturally occuring in many fruits and vegetables. Commercially, it is made from a simple sugar derived from corn, called dextrose. It is a zero-calorie sweetener and an ingredient in packaged foods and beverages to help replace calories from carbs and added sugars. Additionally, erythritol helps products retain moisture. Its safety has been confirmed by health authorities from 60+ countries, including Japan in 1990, WHO in 1999, and the FDA in 2001.
While the safety of erythritol and other sugar alcohols is is well-documented, some sugar alcohols, when eaten in excessive amounts, can cause gastrointestinal discomfort, including gas, bloating and diarrhea. As a result, foods in the U.S. that contain the sugar alcohols sorbitol or mannitol must include a warning on their label about potential laxative effects. Erythritol is better tolerated than sorbitol or mannitol, so foods that contain erythritol do not need to carry that warning label.
Uses and applications:
- Used as a sweetener in 'no sugar', 'low sugar', and 'no carbohydrate' food and beverages
- Beverages including Kombucha, RTDs and Hard Soft Drinks
- Foods including chocolate, baked goods, ice cream, sugar free coatings on food, confectionery and table top sweeteners.
Pack Sizes and Formats:
- 450g Plastic Jar
- 1 Kg Bag (SAVE 40% OFF 450g Price)
- 5 Kg Bag (SAVE 15% OFF 1Kg Price)
- 25 Kg Bag (SAVE 27% OFF 1Kg Price)
Certificate of Analysis:
Batch No: 22040673 Best Before: 5 April 2024
Made in China