Fermentis Safale K-97 Yeast
German ale yeast selected for its ability to form a large firm head when fermenting. Suitable to brew ales with low esters and can be used for Belgian type wheat beers. Available in 11.5g sachets.
- 23 ppm at 18°P at 20°C in EBC tubes
TOTAL SUPERIOR ALCOHOLS
- 248 ppm at 18°P at 20°C in EBC tubes
- 10 g/l*
- attenuation of 75%
- ideally 15-20°C (59-68°F)
Dosage instructions:50 to 80 g/100 litres (10g - 16g per 20L)
- Sprinkle the yeast in minimum 10 times its weight of sterile water or wort at 25 to 29°C (77°F to 84°F). Leave to rest 15 to 30 minutes.
- Gently stir for 30 minutes, and pitch the resultant cream into the fermentation vessel.
- Alternatively, pitch the yeast directly in the fermentation vessel providing the temperature of the wort is above 20°C (68°F). Progressively sprinkle the dry yeast into the wort ensuring the yeast covers all the surface of wort available in order to avoid clumps.
- Leave for 30 minutes, then mix the wort using aeration or by wort addition.
Ingredients:Yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae), emulsifier E491
Typical analysis:Safale K-97 Technical Data Sheet
- % dry weight: 94.0 – 96.5
- Viable cells at packaging: > 6 x 109 /g
- Total bacteria*: < 5 / ml
- Acetic acid bacteria*: < 1 / ml
- Lactobacillus*: < 1 / ml
- Pediococcus*: < 1 / ml
- Wild yeast non Saccharomyces*: < 1 / ml
- Pathogenic micro-organisms: in accordance with regulation *when dry yeast is pitched at 100 g/hl i.e. > 6 x 106 viable cells / ml