Fermentis SafAle™ S-33 Yeast
Fermentis SafAle™ S-33 Yeast is a fruity driven strain, which gives a high mouthfeel and body to the beer. Ideal for Belgian Ales (Blond, Dubbel, Tripel, Quadrupel Styles) and strong English ales (ex. Imperial Stouts). It is also ideal for New England IPA’s. Yeast with a medium sedimentation: forms no clumps but a powdery haze when resuspended in the beer.
- Available in 11.5g sachets
- Ideally 15-20°C (59-68°F).
TOTAL SUPERIOR ALCOHOLS
Pitching rate instructions:
- 50 to 80 g/hl at ideally 15-20°C (59-68°F).
Lesaffre know-how and continuous yeast production process improvement generates an exceptional quality of dry yeasts able to resist to a very wide range of uses, incl. cold or no rehydration conditions, without affecting their viability, kinetic and/or analytical profile. Brewers can choose usage conditions that fit the best their needs, i.e.:
① Direct pitching:
Pitch the yeast directly in the fermentation vessel on the surface of the wort at or above the fermentation temperature. Progressively sprinkle the dry yeast into the wort ensuring the yeast covers all the surface of wort available to avoid clumps. Ideally, the yeast will be added during the first part of the filling of the vessel; in which case hydration can be done at wort temperature higher than fermentation temperature, the fermenter being then filled with wort at lower temperature to bring the entire wort temperature at fermentation temperature.
② With prior rehydration:
Alternatively, sprinkle the yeast in minimum 10 times its weight of sterile water or boiled and hopped wort at 25 to 29°C (77°F to 84°F). Leave to rest 15 to 30 minutes, gently stir and pitch the resultant cream into the fermentation vessel.
Yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae), emulsifier E491
- Viable yeast > 1.0 *1010 cfu/g
- Purity : > 999 %
- Lactic acid bacteria: < 1 cfu /107 yeast cell
- Acetic acid bacteria: < 1 cfu /107 yeast cell
- Pediococcus: < 1 cfu /107 yeast cell
- Total Bacteria: < 5 cfu /107 yeast cell
- “Wild” Yeast*: < 1 cfu /107 yeast cell
- Pathogenic microorganisms: in accordance with regulation
*EBC Analytica 4.2.6 – ASBC Microbiological Control-5D
*when dry yeast is pitched at 100 g/hl i.e. > 6 x 106 viable cells / ml
For less than 6 months: the product must be stored below 24°C. For more than 6 months: the product must be stored below 15°C. For short periods not exceeding 7 days there is an exception to these rules
36 months from production date. Refer to best before end date printed on the sachet. Opened sachets must be sealed and stored at 4°C (39°F) and used within 7 days of opening. Do not use soft or damaged sachets.
Other top rated products
- Enigma AU HopsEnigma™ AU Hops5.0 star rating(5)
- Ella AU HopsElla™ AU Hops4.0 star rating(3)
- GY094 German Ale GigaYeastGY094 German Ale GigaYeast - NEW!4.0 star rating(1)
- Malteurop Pilsen MaltMalteurop Pilsen Malt5.0 star rating(2)
- Galaxy™ AU Hops5.0 star rating(24)
- Citra® US Hops - Brand HBC 3944.95555 star rating(45)
- Mosaic® HBC 369 US Hops4.95652 star rating(23)
- Amarillo® VGXP01 CV. US Hops5.0 star rating(12)
- Reviews (0)