Fermentis by Lesaffre SafLager™ S-23 Yeast is a lager yeast that lends hoppy, estery, and even fruity flavors to your beer. Give your brews a perfect balance of flavors and aromas that will tantalize the senses. Have you brewed a beer that you cannot wait to taste? Let Fermentis by Lesaffre SafLager™ S-23 Yeast provide the perfect finish.
Fermentis by Lesaffre Saflager S-23 lager yeast is the solution for fruity and hoppy lagers. SafLager™ S‑23 bottom fermenting brewer’s yeast originates from Berlin in Germany. SafLager S-23 recommended for the production of fruitier and more estery lagers. Its profile gives beers with a good length on the palate.
- 11.5g Sachets
- 500g Bricks (SAVE 40% OFF 11.5g Price)
- Ideally 12-15°C (53.6-59°F)
- 37 ppm at 18°P at 12°C during the first 48h of fermentation then 14°C in EBC tubes
Total Superior Alcohols
- 177 ppm at 18°P at 12°C during the first 48h of fermentation then 14°C in EBC tubes
- 8 g/l* *4g maltotriose/L corresponding to an apparent attenuation of 82%
- 80 to 120 g/hl (16-24g per 20L homebrew length) for fermentation at 12°C – 15°C (53.6-59°F).
- Increase pitching for fermentation lower than 12°C (53°F), up to 200 to 300 g/hl at 9°C (48°F)
- Sprinkle the yeast in minimum 10 times its weight of sterile water or wort at 21 to 25 °C (70°F to 77°F).
- Leave to rest 15 to 30 minutes.
- Gently stir for 30 minutes, and pitch the resultant cream into the fermentation vessel.
- Pitch the yeast directly in the fermentation vessel providing the temperature of the wort is above 20°C (68°F).
- Progressively sprinkle the dry yeast into the wort ensuring the yeast covers all the surface of wort available in order to avoid clumps.
- Leave for 30 minutes, then mix the wort using aeration or by wort addition.
Yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae), emulsifier E491
- % dry weight: 94.0 – 96.5
- Viable cells at packaging: > 6 x 109 /g
- Total bacteria*: < 5 / ml
- Acetic acid bacteria*: < 1 / ml
- Lactobacillus*: < 1 / ml
- Pediococcus*: < 1 / ml
- Wild yeast non Saccharomyces*: < 1 / ml
- Pathogenic micro-organisms: in accordance with regulation
*when dry yeast is pitched at 100 g/hl i.e. > 6 x 106 viable cells / m
- 36 months from production date.
- During transport: The product can be transported and stored at room temperature for periods of time not exceeding 3 months without affecting its performance.
- At final destination: Store in cool (< 10°C/50°F), dry conditions.
Refer to best before end date printed on the sachet. Opened sachets must be sealed and stored at 4°C (39°F) and used within 7 days of opening. Do not use soft or damaged sachets.