Who doesn't love French Toast? The sweet taste of Maple, Cinnamon and Vanilla on a nice firm crust of bread! Well, we thought why not create a BeerCo Recipe Kit that captures that flavour in a glass. French Toast | Double Brown Ale with Maple, Cinnamon and Vanilla is a big bold dark warming Ale that will have you coming back for more weekend after weekend just like your love of French Toast!
Cheers! #brewhappy #drinkhappier #enjoyresponsibly
Batch & Boil
- Batch Size: 21 Litres
- Boil Time: 60 mins
- OG 1.081
- FG 1.014
- IBU 35
- ABV 8.8%
- Colour 58 EBC
Amt Name Colour % Grist
5.20 Kg Crisp Best Ale Malt (6.5 EBC) 68%
0.60 Kg Crisp Light Crystal 150 Malt (170EBC) 8%
0.60 Kg Crisp Light Munich Malt (20 EBC) 8%
0.60 Kg UniGrain Rolled Oats (6 EBC) 8%
0.20 Kg Crisp Amber Malt (60 EBC) 3%
0.20 Kg Gladfield Brown Malt (178 EBC) 3%
0.20 Kg Gladfield Light Chocolate Malt (950 EBC) 3%
7.60 Kg TOTAL 58 EBC 100%
- 45 gm Willamette US Hop Pellets Alpha: 8.5% – 60 minute boil addition
- 25 gm Willamette US Hop Pellets Alpha: 4.7% – Boil 30 mins
25 gm Willamette US Hop Pellets Alpha: 4.7% – 5 mins from end of boil
Dry | Lallemand Danstar
- Mill the grains and dough-in targeting a mash of around 3 Litres of water to 1 Kg of grain (a liquor-to-grist ratio of about 3:1 by weight or around 22 Litres) and a temperature of 67 °C (152 °F).
- Hold the mash at 67 °C (152 °F) until enzymatic conversion is complete.
- Infuse the mash with near boiling water while stirring or with a recirculating mash system raise the temperature to mash out at 76 °C (168 °F). Mash out for 10 minutes.
- Fly Sparge slowly with 10 Litres of 77 °C (170 °F) water, collecting wort until the pre-boil kettle volume is around 25.0 L.
Add 45 gm Willamette US Hop Pellets at start of vigorous 60 minute boil.
- The total boil time will be 60 minutes.
- Add 25 gm Willamette US Hop Pellets with 30 mins remaining for the boil.
- Optional: add Deltafloc tablet or Irish Moss tablet and Yeast Nutrient with 15 mins of boil remaining.
- Scrap out the contents of two whole Vanilla Beans and add to the boil with 5 minutes remaining.
- Add 1 x Cinnamon Scroll into the Boil 5 mins from end of boil.
- Add another 25 gm Willamette US Hop Pellets with 5 mins remaining for the boil.
- Add 750mL of BeerCo Finishing Maple Syrup at end of Boil
- Cool wort and transfer to the primary fermenter oxygenating wort and pitching GY001 Nor Cal Ale #1 GigaYeast or Lallemand Brewing Nottingham Ale yeast at 18° C.
- Allow primary ferment to free ride up to 21-22° C and hold at that temperature.
- After Primary Fermentation is complete add remaining 250mL of BeerCo Pure Canadian Maple Syrup to the fermenter.
- Secondary Fermentation - Ferment at 21-22° C until FG is reached or your hydrometer readings are constant over 2-3 days.
- Bottle or Keg and carbonate your beer to 2.3 levels of CO2.
- Mature for 2-4 weeks and will continue to mature and mallow over 2-4 months - pour slowly into a goblet glass, light a fire, kick back and relax and enjoy responsibly, Prost!
BeerCo Recipe Kit Contents:
- 7.6 Kg Malt (Milled or Unmilled)
- Hops - 100g Willamette US Hops
- Adjuncts - 1 Litre of 100% Pure Canadian Maple Syrup and 2 x Grade B Vanilla beans (Pick up pick up your cinnamon scroll from your local fresh grocer or supermarket)
- Yeast - 2 x Gold Pitches or 4 x Dry Yeast Sachets
Sauces of Brewspiration: