Native to China and India, ginger has been used to flavour beer since the Middle Ages and adds a note of heat and spiciness to herbal liqueurs, bitters and vermouth. Domain de Canton, Snap, and the King's Ginger are just a few of the modern liqueurs that add a bite of ginger to cocktails.
Ginger is the gnarled bumpy root of the ginger plant Zingiber officinale, which belongs to the same family as cardamom, galangal and turmeric (Zingiberaceae [Ginger Family]). Ginger has a distinct flavour sweet and slightly peppery with a spicy aroma. A great addition to add a little extra flavour to your spiced rum. In gins, it lends it’s specific bright, cooling, and slightly peppery flavor.
Uniqueness of ginger comes from its special compound: gingerol. Ginger contains several compounds among which a mixture of zingerone, shogaols, gingerols and volatile oils are responsible for its characteristic odor and flavor.
How Ginger is grown, harvested, and stored has tremendous influence on its flavour. Roots harvested after only five to seven months are quite mild, but the flavourful oil content increases quickly after that, peaking at about nine months of age. Plants grown in the shade tend to have more citrus flavour than those grown in the sun. If the root is harvested and dried rather than sold fresh, about 20% of the oil supply evaporates, taking with it the bright, citrus characteristics and leaving more zingiberene, the compound that gives it such sharp spiciness.
Ginger Organic | Bextract™ is Supercritical C02 cold extracted from premium organic Indian kibbled ginger for a more true to nature and natural ginger flavour extraction. Don't take our word for it - try for yourself! Or, reach out to us for a sample at Service@BeerCo.com.au
Hot, zesty and biting yet sweet and warm. Ginger is quite pungent and spicy with a very slight woody flavour
- 200g (approx. enough for 500 Litres of finished Beverages)
- 1Kg (SAVE 29% OFF 200g Price) (Approx. enough for 2,500 Litres of finished Beverages)
- Typical addtion rates: 0.3 to 0.6g per Kg of beverage (0.03% - 0.06%)
- Note: Addition not to exceed 0.3g of extract per 1Kg of finished product
Raw material to extraction:
- 2.3 grams of raw material per gram of Bextract™
Raw material - Country of Origin:
- 7.5% raw extract
- 42.5% ethanol
- 50% food grade glycerine
- 12 months from date of delivery
- Store in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight
Piquant and aromatic with intense warmth.
Captures the freshness and bite of ginger. Dial up real ginger flavour that you can feel on your lips. Immediately recognisable/appealing. Opportunity for product differentiation.
- Hot, zesty and biting yet sweet and warm. Ginger is quite pungent and spicy with a very slight woody flavour.
- Premium alcoholic and non-alcoholic canned/bottled beverage. Post distillation addition to gin and other spirits.
Some Beverages, Beers and Spirits that contain Ginger:
- Brookvale Union Ginger Beer
- Bundaberg Ginger Beer
- James Squire Ginger Beer
- Lick Pier Ginger Beer
- Domaine de Canton
- Royal Jamaican Ginger Beer
- Stone's Alcoholic Ginger Beer
- The Kings Ginger