To create Gladfield Peat Smoked Malt, our wonderful Distillers Malt is smoked in our in-house smoker using 100% New Zealand peat. The resulting malt is infused with a traditional mild, soft earthy flavour with phenols 40+ppm. This malt is primarily suited for making single malt whisky but is also great when used to flavour Scotch ales or darker maltier beers.
Use: Primarily suited for the making of single malt whisky. Adds a unique mild peaty taste to whiskies.
Usage Guidance Rate: When used to flavour Scotch ales or darker malty beers use between 5% to 25%.
Shelf life: At least one year when stored properly in dry conditions.
- 1 Kg Bag
- 5 Kg Bag (SAVE 20% on 1Kg Price)
- 25 Kg Sack (SAVE 40% on 1Kg Price)
Certificate of Analysis
Complementary Brewing Malts:
Complementary Distilling Malts:
Smoke Beer Styles to brew your own at home:
- Check out Puffing Peat - Smoked Bock - Fixed Recipe All Grain Brew Kit
- Grätzer - to learn more about the style click here: Grätzer
- Grodzisk - to learn more about the style click here: Grodzisk and check out our blog on brewing ancient styles Piwo Grodziskie recipe
- Rauchbier - to learn more about the style and some recipes click here: Rauchbier
- Smoked Märzen - to learn more about the style and some recipes click here: Smoked Märzen or try using this malt in this great home brew recipe from 4 Dogz Brewery - Smokin Marzen
- Smoke IPA - you might like to try a twist on this Smokin Joe Black IPA by using Mild Peat Smoke Gladfield
- Smoke Porter - choose from the many great Smoke Porter recipes out there! or try your own Stone Smoked Porter clone!
Gladfield Peated Scottish Ale recipe
Author: Caleb DeFrees - Gladfield Malt
- Volume: 25 Litres
- Target Original Gravity 1.060
- IBU 23.2
- Colour 43 EBC
- Est ABV 6.1
- Mash Temp 68.5°C