Gladfield Light Chocolate Malt
Gladfield Light Chocolate Malt is a lighter version of Chocolate malt. Produced in a similar way to Dark Chocolate Malt but roasted at a lower temperature and lighter in colour. Gladfield Malt have perfected a unique roasting process that keeps the husk moist during the roast which limits the bitter and astringent flavours from forming. Gladfield Light Chocolate malt is dark but imparts a smooth roast flavour into your beer. Gladfield Light Chocolate malt has fantastic roasted and espresso coffee like flavours. A great addition to stouts and porters.
- Moisture (max) % 3.5
- Extract - Fine Dry 73
- Wort Colour (EBC) 850 - 1100
- Typical Colour (EBC) 950
Adds coffee, chocolate and roast flavours
Use Rate Guidance:
- Up to 15% of the grist.
- 1 Kg Bags
- 5 Kg Bags (SAVE 20% on 1 Kg RRP)
- 25 Kg Sacks (SAVE 40% on 1 Kg RRP)
At least one year when stored properly in dry conditions
Chocolate malts are often hindered by bitter and astringent flavours that occur due to the burning of the husk in the roasting process. Gladfield Chocolate malts utilise a unique process that keeps the husk moist throughout roasting, thus inhibiting the bitter and astringent flavours. This unique roasting process offers smooth roast flavours without the harness that is often associated with darker malts.
Other top rated products
- Enigma AU HopsEnigma™ AU Hops5.0 star rating(5)
- Ella AU HopsElla™ AU Hops4.0 star rating(3)
- GY094 German Ale GigaYeastGY094 German Ale GigaYeast - NEW!4.0 star rating(1)
- Malteurop Pilsen MaltMalteurop Pilsen Malt5.0 star rating(2)
- Galaxy™ AU Hops5.0 star rating(24)
- Citra® US Hops - Brand HBC 3944.95555 star rating(45)
- Mosaic® HBC 369 US Hops4.95652 star rating(23)
- Amarillo® VGXP01 CV. US Hops5.0 star rating(12)