RedBack Malt is a unique malt made by Gladfield. It is prepared by a special process before going into the roaster, where it is roasted to favour certain maillard reactions which cause the malt to produce a lovely red hue in the resulting beer without the opalescence that can occur with other similar malts. In other words the wort colour is bright with good clarity but most of all a lovely red colour. RedBack goes well with Gladfield Ale and Aurora malt which is a melanoidin malt.
How does it taste?
- Caramel, candied prune, with a slight bitter orange flavour.
What does it add to the beer?
- Increases body and head retention.
- 1 Kg
- 5 Kg (SAVE 20% on 1Kg Price)
- 25 Kg (SAVE 40% on 1Kg Price)
Certificate of Analysis
- Moisture (%) Max <6
- Extract - Fine Dry 78
- Wort Colour Range (EBC) 60 – 80
- Typical Wort Colour (EBC) 65
Typical Uses & Styles:
Usage Rate Guidance:
At least one year when stored properly in dry conditions