Gladfield Shepherds Delight Malt
Gladfield Shepherds Delight Malt is what we consider as stepped up version of our Aurora malt. Shepherds Delight malt has intense bready, toasted and kola flavour with a lingering fruity sweetness. This malt should be used sparingly to supercharge the maltiness of a beer and will give flavours similar to a decoction mash. Used at too high a concentration could lead to bitterness in the final beer we recommend combining Shepherds Delight with our Vienna malt to give a balancing sweetness. This malt will give a stunning red hue to your beers.
- Moisture (%) Max <4.5
- Extract - Fine Dry 78
- Wort Colour Range (EBC) 250 – 350
- Typical Colour (EBC) 280
Usage and Styles:
- Adds deep red colours.
- Malty toasted and kola flavours.
- Ideal for red beers.
- India Red Ales - see good craft example and how to brew it here: Mountain Goat India Red Ale
- Red IPA - see good home brew recipe example here: Sunset Red IPA and here: Roger sees Red IPA
- Red Rye IPA - see home brew recipe example here: The Grim RRIPA
- Irish Red Ales
Usage Rate Guidance:Up to 10% of the grist
- 1 Kg
- 5 Kg (SAVE 20% OFF 1Kg Price)
- 25 Kg (SAVE 40% OFF 1Kg Price)
Shelf Life:At least one year when stored properly in dry condition.
Other top rated products
- Enigma AU HopsEnigma™ AU Hops5.0 star rating(5)
- Ella AU HopsElla™ AU Hops4.0 star rating(3)
- GY094 German Ale GigaYeastGY094 German Ale GigaYeast - NEW!4.0 star rating(1)
- Malteurop Pilsen MaltMalteurop Pilsen Malt5.0 star rating(2)
- Galaxy™ AU Hops5.0 star rating(24)
- Citra® US Hops - Brand HBC 3944.95555 star rating(45)
- Mosaic® HBC 369 US Hops4.95652 star rating(23)
- Amarillo® VGXP01 CV. US Hops5.0 star rating(12)