Grapefruit | Vlavour™ | Citrus paradisi is a Vacuum Distillate flavour extraction from fresh Australian Grapefruit that is remarkably "true to type" with a strong citrus character along with lifted floral overtones. The classic grapefruit bitterness is absent in the distillate as the bitter component, a compound called naringin, is not carried across in the vacuum distillation process.
This is a novel product with impressive flavour and aroma along with the visuals and product story to match. Incorporate a locally grown Australian iconic fruit into your next beverage. Exclusively available to Brewers and Distillers and Alcohol Beverage Manufacturers from BeerCo.com.au
A tantalising cross between a sweet orange and a pomelo, Grapefruit was likely an accidental hybrid that emerged around 1790 in Barbados. This intriguing combination of tart citrus and bitterness makes Grapefruit an awesome mixer - it's ideal for Negroni variations and pairs perfectly with rum or tequila.
Strong citrus characters with lifted floral overtones.
- 200g (approx. enough for 500 Litres of finished beverages)
- 1 Kg (SAVE 20% OFF 200g Price) (approx. enough for 2,500 Litres of finished beverages)
- 4 Kg (SAVE 14% OFF 1Kg Price) (approx. enough for 10,000 Litres of finished beverages)
- 10 Kg (SAVE 20% OFF 1Kg Price) (approx. enough for 25,000 Litres of finished beverages)
- Typical addition rates: 0.5 to 5g per 1 Kg of finished beverage (0.05% - 0.5%)
- Note: Recommended addition not to exceed 20g of Vlavour Vacuum Distillate per 1Kg of finished product
- Add as close to kegging/bottling/canning as possible to maximise aromatic retention in finished product.
- Canned Cocktails
- Hard Seltzers
- Premix Spirits
- Sour Beers
Raw material to extraction:
Approx. 0.4g of raw material per gram of Vlavour™
Raw material - Country of Origin:
- Made in Australia from Locally Grown Fresh Grapefruit
- 70% ethanol
- 60% raw material extracts and water
- 12 months from date of manufacture