Hallertau Blanc is a daughter of the cultivar Cascade with a fruity-floral white wine bouquet. The aroma variety was bred in Huell at the request of the beer industry in light of its demand for bold tastes and new aromas. It was introduced to the market in 2012.
- 250g (SAVE 10% OFF 100g Price)
- 500g (SAVE 15% OFF 100g Price)
- 1Kg (SAVE 20% OFF 100g Price)
- 5Kg (SAVE 30% OFF 100g Price)
Hallertau Blanc flavor profile is said to be fruity, with wine-like qualities of gooseberry and grass, similar to that of Sauvignon Blanc. It also features a complex aroma profile with notes of cassis and elderflower in addition to grapes, grapefruit and lemongrass. Other notes detected in trials have been passionfruit, pineapple and gooseberry.
Hallertau Blanc is a versatile medium high alpha hop that can be used for a variety of styles including:
- American Ales
- Belgian Ales
- Hoppy Pilsners
- Wheat Beer
Technical Analysis Information:
Bred at the Hop Research Institute in Huell and released in 2012.
- Crop: 2020 Batch: 20-690 Alpha: 10.8% Moisture: 7.4% ON SPECIAL PRICE!
- Harvest: 2021 Batch: 21-064 Alpha: 11.1% Moisture: 8.1%
- Type: Aroma
- Growing Area Germany
- Lineage: Daughter of Cascade
- α-acids* 8.9 %
- β-acids 4.5 - 5.5 %
- Total Polyphenols No data
- Total oils app. 1.05 mL/100g
- Myrcene app. 70.5 % of total
- Linalool app. 0.4 % of total
Aroma, particularly whirlpool and dry hopping to take full advantage of the very high myrcene fraction. With its pronounced tropical profile, Hallertau Blanc has strong affinity for many of the same styles as southern hemisphere hops: IPA, Belgian ales, wheat beer, and Brett fermentations.