Harvest | Saison | BeerCo Recipe Kit is a traditional Wallonian harvest ale brewed with Pilsner, Munich and Wheat Malts, hopped with GR Hallertauer Tradition Hops and fermented with your choice of either Liquid Saison Omega Yeast or Lallemand Belle Saison Dry Yeast.
Refreshing, in balance and true to style this beer is just as thirst quenching for the modern IT office worker after a hard day on the keyboard as it was for the Wallonian farm worker after a hard day’s work on the scythe at Harvest time! Santé! #workhard #playharder #harvestsaison
Harvest | Saison | BeerCo Recipe
Batch & Boil
- Batch Size: 21.0 L US 5 Gallon
- Boil Time: 90 min
- OG 1.056 FG 1.011
- IBU 38 ABV 6%
- Colour 13 EBC Balance – 0.68 IBU/SG
Liquid | Omega Yeast
- Mash – the brewer should do normal mash regime, mashing at 67 C for at least 60 mins with a ratio of 3L of water to 1 Kg of Grain (approx. 16L)
- Sparge – once again the brewer should do normal regime at around 75C with approx. 15L of water to bring your pre-boil wort up to 25L
- Boil – vigorous boil for 60-90 mins as time permits adding hops in accordance with addition times from end of boil.
- Add 50g of Hallertauer Tradition GR Hops @30 mins, 10g of Hallertauer Tradition GR Hops @20mins and 10g of Hallertauer Tradition GR Hops at 0 mins.
- Yeast & Fermentation – Aerate well and ferment at 23C until FG is reached
- Yeast off, mature for 19 days before carbonating.
BeerCo Kit Contents:
· 5.3 Kg Crisp Malt
· 70 g Hallertau Tradition GR Hop Pellets
· 1 x GigaYeast Gold Pitch OR 2 x Lallemand Brewing Belle Saison Dry Yeast
Commercial Craft Beer Examples:
Saison Dupont Vieille Provision
; Fantôme Saison D’Erezée - Printemps
; Saison de Pipaix; Saison Regal; Saison Voisin; Lefebvre Saison 1900; Ellezelloise Saison 2000; Saison Silly; Southampton Saison; New Belgium Saison
; Pizza Port SPF 45
; Lost Abbey Red Barn Ale; Ommegang Hennepin
; La Sirene Saison
; Bridge Road Brewers - Chevalier - Saison