Juniper | Bextract™ | Juniperus Communis is a Supercritical C02 extraction from Juniper Berries. Junipers are members of the ancient cypress family. They made their earliest appearance during the Triassic period, 250 million years go. Juniper communis, can be native to Europe, Asia, and North America. Gin distillers prefer juniper berries from Tuscany, Morocco, and eastern Europe. Much of it is still wild harvested.
Juniper Berries contain α-Pinene, which imparts a pine or rosemary flavour, as well as myrcene, which is found in cannabis, hops and wild thyme. Limonene, the lively citrus flavour common in many herbs and spices is present as well. It is no wonder that juniper is combined with coriander, lemon peel and other spices to make gin - the same compounds are found in many of those other plants, just in different combinations.
Supercritical CO 2 juniper Bextract™ is particularly vibrant and will give a zest and
freshness to the flavour profile that is just not possible with distillation processes which “cook” the juniper. A real opportunity for product differentiation.
Fragrant and spicy with a bittersweet taste and overtones of pine, lavender, camphor and overripe banana topped by a peppery finish.
- 200g (approx. enough for 500 Litres of finished beverages)
- 1 Kg (SAVE 28% OFF 200g Price) (approx. enough for 2,500 Litres of finished beverages)
- Typical addtion rates: 0.3 to 0.6g per Kg of beverage (0.03% - 0.06%)
- Note: Addition not to exceed 2.0g of raw extract equivalent per 1000g of finished product.
Premium alcoholic and non-alcoholic canned/bottled beverage. Post distillation addition to gin and other spirits.
Raw material to extraction:
- 2.0 grams of raw material per gram of Bextract™
Raw material - Country of Origin:
- North Macedonia (Juniperiperus Communis)
- Made in Australia from Imported Ingredients
- 7.5% raw extract
- 42.5% ethanol
- 50% food grade glycerine
- 12 months from date of delivery
- Store in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight
Spirits that contain Juniper:
- Juniper Spirits
Some Craft Beers that contain Juniper: