Kiwi As - New Zealand Pilsner - BeerCo All Grain Recipe Kit
Do you love a nice clean hoppy NZ Pilsner when the sun is shining? We do too! Time to fill your keezer or bottles with this little Kiwi gem so when the sun pops out you have a new world take on an old world style Czech Pilsner that refreshes and relaxes you and your friends in the summer time or all year round.
Kiwi as | New Zealand Pilsner | BeerCo Recipe Kit is a light sessionable well balanced full flavoured new world lager with a quick brew option or a long lager option for that clean dry refreshing taste. Kiwi as Pilsner BeerCo Recipe Kit can be brewed as an ale or lager with a light simple and satisfying Malteurop Pilsen Malt base, Wakatu and Pacifica aromatic NZ Hops and your choice of fermentation from a classic liquid or dry lager Yeast.
We will drink to that! cheers #brewhappy #lagercold
1. Mash - Choose a higher temperature rest 69–70 °C (156–158 °F) for sweeter, fuller-bodied beers, or a lower temperature 64–65 °C (148–150 °F) for drier, less full beer style.
2. Mash off - Infuse mash with near boiling water while stirring or with recirculating mash system raise temp to mash out at 76C
3. Sparge slowly - once again the brewer should do normal regime at around 77C
4. Boil - vigorous boil for 90 mins
5. Yeast & Fermentation - The wort should be chilled to a temperature of 15 °C (60 °F) or below before you pitch your favourite Pilsner yeast and ferment around 10-12°C.
6. Do a diacetyl rest, by raising the temperature to 16–21 °C (60–70 °F) for a brief period (24–72 hours) after the yeast has nearly finished fermenting the beer.
5. Conditioning - Rack the beer off the yeast after 2-3 weeks when primary and secondary fermentation is complete and cold condition for 7–12 days per each 2 °Plato of original gravity. (One degree Plato is roughly equal to 4 specific gravity “points.”) below 5°C at or near 2°C is ideal.