- 19 L, all-grain
- OG = 1.052 FG = 1.020
- IBU = 45 SRM = 55 ABV = 4.2%
This milk stout recipe comes directly from Mitch Steele, Co-Founder of New Realm Brewing
(Atlanta, Georgia) and former Brew-master of Stone Brewing Co
3.2 kg American Ale Malt
11.3 AAU Magnum
hops (60 min.) (0.75 oz./21 g at 15.5% alpha acids)
2/3 cup corn sugar (if priming)
Step by Step
- Mash in with 12.5 L of 74°C strike water, aiming for 67 °C mash temperature.
- Hold 60 minutes for conversion.
- Raise to 76 °C for mashout. Hold 10 minutes.
- Sparge with enough water to collect about 24.6 L.
- Add lactose powder and hop addition at start of boil. Boil 60 minutes total.
- After the boil, chill to 19 °C. Pitch yeast. Ferment at 19 °C. Condition for two weeks then rack to keg or bottles.