Lallemand Brewing WildBrew™ Sour Pitch Lactobacillus Helveticus
Lallemand Brewing WildBrew™ Helveticus Pitch is a ready-to-use dried bacteria, a strain of Lactobacillus helveticus specifically selected for its ability to produce a wide range of sour beer styles. In comparison to WildBrew™ Sour Pitch Lactobacillus Plantarum, the new bacteria produces a more intense citrusy flavor at higher temperatures. Additionally, WildBrew™ Helveticus Pitch will deliver unmatched consistency, effortless application, fully assured performance and unparalleled purity for brewing the sour beer style of your choice.
WildBrew™ Helveticus Pitch is recommended at a dosage of 10g/hl to pour directly into the unhopped wort.
WildBrew™ Helveticus Pitch is part of a wider set of solutions for sour beer making, which also includes the newly launched bioengineered Saccharomyces cerevisiae yeast Mascoma Sourvisiae® that can produce lactic acid and ethanol simultaneously.
WildBrew™ Helveticus Pitch is a high-performance, high-purity lactic acid bacteria specifically selected for its ability to produce a wide range of sour beer styles.
WildBrew™ Helveticus Pitch produces an intense and sharp citrus flavor profile typical of both traditional and modern sour beer styles. When inoculated at optimal temperature and the right conditions, it is a powerful, safe and easy way to handle bacteria for various beer souring techniques, such as a typical kettle souring process. Besides providing an outstanding performance, WildBrew™ Helveticus Pitch is capable of delivering consistent results for brewers.
Styles brewed with this bacteria include, but are not limited to,
Berliner Weisse, Gose, lambic-style, American Wild, and Sour IPA
Classified as Lactobacillus helveticus, a facultative heterofermentative strain.
- Viable bacteria > 1010 CFU/g
- Dry matter > 92%
- Coliform < 102 CFU/g
- Acetic bacteria < 104 CFU/g
- Moulds < 103 CFU/g
- Yeast < 103 CFU/g
In line with Lallemand Brewing strict quality control and assurance procedures, every single batch of WildBrew™ Helveticus Pitch is released to the market only after passing a rigorous series of tests, guaranteeing the highest standards of purity, quality and performance.
In Lallemand Standard Wort conditions, WildBrew™ Helveticus Pitch bacteria exhibits:
- Fast pH drop that can be completed within 2 days (typically within 24 to 36 hours).
- High lactic acid versus lower acetic production.
- Aroma and flavor is citrus and tangy with a hint of fruit.
- The optimal temperature range for WildBrew™ Helveticus Pitch when producing sour beer styles is between 38°C to 45°C (100°F to 113°F).
Fermentation rate, fermentation time and pH drop are dependent on inoculation density, bacteria handling, fermentation temperature and nutritional quality of the wort.
Flavour and Aroma:
Instructions for use:
Please download the Lallemand Brewing Best Practices Guide
- Beer Style: Kettle Sours
- Temperature Range: 38-45°C
- Impact pH dropped: 3.0- 3.5
- Lactic acid: 0.6-1.2%
- Hop Tolerance: Alpha acid < 4ppm Beta < 4 ppm
- Fermentation Time: 24 to 48 hrs
- Species: Lactobacillus helveticus Homofermentative
For better distribution rehydrate WildBrew™ Helveticus Pitch in a mix of unhopped wort and water (50/50) 10 times the weight of inoculation at 30°C +/- 5°C (86°F +/- 8°F). Monitor pH drop and test regularly.
CONDITIONS OF USE:
- Inoculation 10g/hL
- pH > 3.4
- Temperature 38 - 45°C (100 - 113°F)
Packaging & Storage:
WildBrew™ Helveticus Pitch is currently available in 250g packs (for 25hL / 660 US gal).
This product can be stored for 18 months at 4°C (40°F) or 36 months at -18°C (0°F) in its original sealed packaging.
This product can be delivered and stored at ambient temperature (<25°C / 77°F)
for 3 weeks without significant loss of viability.
While it is recommended to use the entire sachet of WildBrew™ Helveticus Pitch
after opening, extended storage is possible under specific conditions. Please
contact us with any questions you may have.
Other top rated products
- Enigma AU HopsEnigma™ AU Hops5.0 star rating(5)
- Ella AU HopsElla™ AU Hops4.0 star rating(3)
- GY094 German Ale GigaYeastGY094 German Ale GigaYeast - NEW!4.0 star rating(1)
- Malteurop Pilsen MaltMalteurop Pilsen Malt5.0 star rating(2)
- Galaxy™ AU Hops5.0 star rating(24)
- Citra® US Hops - Brand HBC 3944.95555 star rating(45)
- Mosaic® HBC 369 US Hops4.95652 star rating(23)
- Amarillo® VGXP01 CV. US Hops5.0 star rating(12)
- Reviews (0)