Lallemand Munich Classic Wheat Beer Yeast
Lallemand Munich Classic Wheat Beer Yeast is a Bavarian wheat beer strain that can easily express the spicy and estery aroma profile typical to German wheat beer styles. This strain is simple to use over a wide range of recipe variations and fermentation conditions, making it a great choice for a number of traditional styles of wheat beer. In classic open fermentation vessels, the yeast can be skimmed off the top in the traditional manner.
- 11g Sachet
- Classified as a Saccharomyces cerevisiae, a top fermenting yeast.
- Typical Analysis of Munich Classic Yeast:
- Percent solids 93% – 97%
- Living Yeast Cells ≥ 5 x 109 per gram of dry yeast
- Wild Yeast < 1 per 106 yeast cells
- Bacteria < 1 per 106 yeast cells
- Finished product is released to the market only after passing a rigorous series of tests
*According to the ASBC and EBC methods of analysis
In Lallemand Brewing Standard Conditions Wort at 20°C (68°F) Munich Classic yeast exhibits:
- Vigorous fermentation that can be completed in 4 days
- Medium to High attenuation and Low flocculation
- Aroma and flavor is balanced with prominent fruity esters and spicy phenol notes of banana and clove.
- The optimal temperature range for Munich Classic yeast when producing traditional styles is 17°C(63°F) to 22°C(72°F)
- Fermentation rate, fermentation time and degree of attenuation are dependent on inoculation density, yeast handling, fermentation temperature and nutritional quality of the wort.
Flavour and Aroma:
- Dosage 0.5 - 1.0 g/L
- Re-hydrate before use 100 mL (4 oz.) Water at 30 - 35C (86-92F)